• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cage Match Comparison 2021 Nordica Enforcer 94 vs 2021 Salomon Stance 96

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Cage-Match-Nordica-Enforcer-94-vs-Salomon-Stance-96-ski-SkiTalk.jpg
Both of these skis are all new for 2021: the Enforcer 94 is an evolution of the outgoing Enforcer 93, and the closest reference I can give you from Salomons' past was the old Sentinel, one of the more unappreciated skis from the brand's recent history.

Nordica was smart not to stray from the goose that the Enforcer collection has become; as long as it still keeps laying those golden eggs, Nordica will be producing Enforcers. Nordica made the biggest evolutionary changes to the 2021 Enforcer not by going from 93 to 94 mm underfoot but by changing the length offerings and scaling the tip and tail rise on all the sizes. Some felt the book end sizes didn’t ski up to the reputation in the past, but that won’t be an issue any longer. Channeling my inner Dr. Seuss, now there is a new Enforcer for everyone, no matter how big, how small, how short, how tall.

Salomon is taking a stance with this new collection: these are not the QSTs but much more on the power side of the scale with a traditionally solid feel on the snow, hence why the QST is still being offered along with the new Stances. The Stance 96 is a great choice of a ski if you are not out at first chair and always get stuck with that cut-up snow. The 96 is like a teenager on the weekend after Thanksgiving: it just eats up leftovers. Very little bothers this all-new 96mm offering -- its main mission for existence is to add a run or two to your tired legs as the day goes on.
  • Why choose the Enforcer 94: You are looking for a bit more finesse and in-the-trees type playfulness. The Enforcer came into this comparison with a strong and well-earned reputation as one of the reference skis in the class.
  • Why choose the Stance 96: The Stance is more on the power side of the scale and the choice if you ski heavier snow and want to charge.

NZRob

Skiing the Rock
Skier
After 3 iterations of the Bonafide I've been contemplating something different. I wanted to go a little narrower too, and had been thinking long and hard about the Mindbender 90Ti, but the comments in this review and elsewhere have made me think about the Stance 96 as a good option...

I'm at the power end of the scale and charge, though now in to my 50's that's not as frequent as it was. Our local snow (NZ) is generally on the heavier side. The Bones have been a great companion in local conditions and I am interested also in the comparo to the new Bonafide.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
After 3 iterations of the Bonafide I've been contemplating something different. I wanted to go a little narrower too, and had been thinking long and hard about the Mindbender 90Ti, but the comments in this review and elsewhere have made me think about the Stance 96 as a good option...

I'm at the power end of the scale and charge, though now in to my 50's that's not as frequent as it was. Our local snow (NZ) is generally on the heavier side. The Bones have been a great companion in local conditions and I am interested also in the comparo to the new Bonafide.
Ding ding ding.

Eric Edelstein

ExoticSkis
Skier
Industry Insider
Gotta say after a few test runs last Spring, the Stance 96 feels more business-like, serious and confident at any pressure level underfoot than the Enforcer 94... but the pair of Enforcers I tried had a lousy tune compared to the Stance 96s....so I tried to concentrate on how the chassis handled and responded rather than the accuracy of edge grip and progression of carves versus flat-ski/low angle antics.... Enforcer feels a bit looser and shorter with more smearability than the more seriously directional Stance 96. For higher speeds, higher-angles, higher pressures and crud-cruising...the Stance 96 is an impressive ride. For noodling around a bit, but still laying down some strong turns when needed...the Enforcer is the ticket...it seemed to have a little bit less authority and confidence than the Stance. Can't go wrong with either ski...kinda like getting the session IPA or the double-IPA from your favorite brewer...depends on what you're thirsty for that day.... Good choices for a cage-match.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Does the 94's fold less easy than 93s? no matter driving the shovels, or centerd on 93s in 185 and 193 they would fold, before giving up edgegrip. and how would you rate the stance 96 strength underfoot and in front of binding/tips?

I find the enforcers very fun, for 104/110 yeah sure I can tolerate less performance, but on the 88,93,100 I expect skis not to go floppety and fold.

Sponsor

Staff online