• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 or 2022 Toyota Sienna AWD as road trip vehicle

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
I think the big grills along with small LED headlights are just to make the previous version look old so you'll buy a new one.

Similar to the Sienna update, here's the Sequoia as another example.

Looks old, don't want to be seen in this thing:

View attachment 194178

Not sure if it's ugly or not, but at least it doesn't look old:

View attachment 194177

Edit: my apologies to everyone who has to buy a new car after looking at their grill. :)
That plastic is so low to the ground for a vehicle that is now marketed with an off-road purpose (replacing the Land Cruiser). You would tear it off so fast in any terrain that a Subaru can’t likely also handle.

How air flows under a vehicle is critical and this stuff isn’t just styling. I was talking to somebody recently who had cut 3” off the low hanging plastic of his Ford 150 and lifted it very slightly, like 1” of leveling and reported a 3 mpg economy loss on the highway. This article focuses on underbody design so everything is as flat as possible, but the airflow starts with that low hanging grill plastic that is well below actual bumper (frame) level.

The trend of sharp angles both front and rear that Toyota is using in particular I think is designed to un-feminize previous designs. Toyota did this with the second gen Sequoia starting in 2016 or 17 to square off the front end some and with the 2000 series Land Cruiser as well.

You can make a second gen a lot more macho without too much work or cost. Definitely less than $80K for a new one.

A3CFC333-080D-4B30-9BA9-36DBF085654E.jpeg

Sponsor