• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 Renoun Earhart 88

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tricia: Renoun brings its award-winning technology to the Earhart 88, a ski that is the namesake of a female pioneer and designed just for women. I was one of the lucky few to get on this ski early and put her through her paces. My first day out on the Earhart 88 was a bluebird day at Mt Rose, which served up a variety of conditions from groomers to moguls, steeps, and mellow terrain. The Earhart delivers some of the smoothness you expect from Renoun’s VibeStop (HDT™) but still offers some feedback from the snow so you can enjoy nuances during your ski day. When warming up on groomers, the Earhart performs as expected, but when I get her in the moguls, well, that’s where she really shines.

Insider tip: If you need something longer, go for the Renoun Endurance 88.​

Who is it for?
A skier looking for a great daily driver that will make you the talk of the chairlift.
Who is it not for?
A skier who is not willing to take chances.
Skier ability
  1. Intermediate
  2. Advanced
Ski category
  1. Frontside
  2. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Moguls
  3. Off Piste
Segment
  1. Women

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
149, 156, 163, 170
Dimensions
127-88-111
Radius
14.5m@170cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip and tail rocker
Construction design
  1. All new
Binding options
  1. Flat

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Long term update: This has been a season of hard snow skis so I really haven't ventured out on anything over 80mm very much, but I was itching to get back on this ski. In a sea of 88 mm waisted skis Renoun's Erhart 88 rises to the top in finish and weight. I spent the entire day on the Erhart, dabbled in some firm moguls but mostly stayed on groomers. This ski's light weight design doesn't have the same dampness that the predicessor Z-90 has, but it has a nimbleness that may just inspire you to go off piste a bit more.

Michael V

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m currently on the Z-90s, and love them. However I’m wondering if the Endurance 88’s might be a bit more versatile for hitting bumps and trees.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I’m currently on the Z-90s, and love them. However I’m wondering if the Endurance 88’s might be a bit more versatile for hitting bumps and trees.
It absolutely will be and when put on edge still carves quite well.

Michael V

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It absolutely will be and when put on edge still carves quite well.
thanks, Since these skis are fairly light, I was wondering about the weight of difference between bindings. Would you go Pivot 15's or 14's on the endurance? or is the answer always 15's :)

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
End of season wrap-up. I haven't skied the Earhart, but I got it for my SO in 163, which might seem short for her as she has been skiing a 98 wide Nordica Nemesis in 169 length. She is normally skiing on piste and I felt she could benefit from the narrower width and shorter length while still keeping an allmountain width. I had them mounted with Attack 13's.

Initially she wasn't sure why I was "making her try new skis." It took her about 1/2 run on early season hardback to get used to her Earharts. She loves how much lighter they are than her Nemesis, and she really likes how much easier it was get them on edge and shorten her turn radius. With the HDT/Vibestop it remains stable at any length. With the snow we had in the PNW she got to experience a couple of great powder days, with both fresh and cut up snow and she was able to make some significant progress in her skiing. @Tricia noted how it's been good on groomers, well it's also specular off-piste.

I imagine with the Vibestop that the Earhart can really be pushed, which is what I experienced with my Z90's. That said, it has been an ideal ski for helping an intermediate level skier advance in skills and enjoy a wider range of conditions. I could recommend this ski to any woman or lighter male as a fun, intuitive easy-turning ski that will allow you rip if you want, in any conditions.

Last edited:

Sponsor