2021 Völkl Deacon V.Werks

anders_nor

Out on the slopes
Skier
Im weirded out by the fact that they seem to have kept the power of the regular deacon 84, but so much quicker edge to edge.

can anyone explain that technically? adding carbon to stuff usually makes me not like it, but v-werks seems to have it figured out, I'm also guessing this is carried over to new mantra m6?

Andy Mink

I am a half fast skier.
SkiTalk Tester
Long Term Update: @Philpug and I swapped out between the Deacon V.Werks and the K2 Disruption MTi on some superb Mt. Rose groomers. I started on the Disruption and then to the Deacon. The Deacon is perhaps a hair slower edge to edge (it is wider, so no surprise there) but pulls you into the turn more easily. Short turns, long flowing turns, all so fun. It is stable at the speeds I had it going, whether running flat or turning. It did kick my butt on some hard chalk bumps with hard chalk and scraped off between them. The flex is there but I think they are very torsionally stiff. I just don't have the chops to regulate the edge angle quickly enough to move easily between the changing conditions so I was hooking up then unhooking to the point of feeling like it was my first time on skis. However, on the groomers...MONEY!

Sponsor