• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2022-2023 Big Bear, Mountain High, Waterman, Baldy Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popeye Cahn

Out on the slopes
Skier
I would imagine Tues and Wed will be pretty good.

I skied today(Sunday), crowds are definitely more sparse now. It was too warm today though. Got slushy by 11.

I think BBMR dont charge anymore on parking weekends. I didnt realize that and parked on Summit Blvd but I could have parked in lot today..
The site says that they are now opening the upper lot for free parking, first come...

This week will be warm, time to break out the speedo...

Maybe not :roflmao:

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Today was the trifecta of awful - foggy, windy, and crappy snow. I took 5 runs and gave up. I’m hoping tomorrow will be better!
Sorry to hear about today but I imagine tomorrow will be much better. I suspect this weekend will be similar to Sunday. Too warm and slushy by 11

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Summit was really fun yesterday and today. It was typical hard melt/freeze snow in the morning but then it softened up nicely and was super fun spring snow. The weather was beautiful and there were no crowds! We quit at around noon because we had stuff to do, but the bowl was just starting to soften so it was going to be good for another hour. I do live a spring vibe!

river-z

searching for seasons
Skier
I skied SS from 9 to noon today and it was better than I expected. Warmest day I ever skied... ski pants and short sleeves. Fun carving in soft snow that eventually started feeling sticky/slushy but on the steeper stuff it was fine. Beautiful warm day.

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thanks for the report.im surprised they still this much snow still

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Today was quite a bit of fun. It started out soft and the bottom got grabby quickly. The bowl stayed good up until we left, around 11:30. In fact, the bowl was skiing quite fast in the AM, as I discovered when I took a hard fall. I have no idea what happened, but I landed head down on my back and accelerated rapidly. I could not turn myself around for the life of me. I slid nearly the whole way down before I managed to invert myself so that I was feet down. It didn't hurt, I was just worried about barreling into someone below me. It was my most spectacular wipe out this season.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
^^^I did that a few years back and was heading straight at a lift tower, wore holes in my gloves trying to stop.

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^I did that a few years back and was heading straight at a lift tower, wore holes in my gloves trying to stop.
First time ever that I couldn’t dig in enough to spin myself around! I’m skiing solo Wed and Thurs if you feel like taking a few runs together. Bob still has work on the house but my expertise has been exhausted.

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Today was quite a bit of fun. It started out soft and the bottom got grabby quickly. The bowl stayed good up until we left, around 11:30. In fact, the bowl was skiing quite fast in the AM, as I discovered when I took a hard fall. I have no idea what happened, but I landed head down on my back and accelerated rapidly. I could not turn myself around for the life of me. I slid nearly the whole way down before I managed to invert myself so that I was feet down. It didn't hurt, I was just worried about barreling into someone below me. It was my most spectacular wipe out this season.
Overall, glad you're ok. That sounds quite scary

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
First time ever that I couldn’t dig in enough to spin myself around! I’m skiing solo Wed and Thurs if you feel like taking a few runs together. Bob still has work on the house but my expertise has been exhausted.
For sure, today is closing day at Bear so I'm free as of tomorrow, I'll be around all week before heading north next Monday.

Popeye Cahn

Out on the slopes
Skier
I dare you! Just don’t fall!
I was in line at 2 today and saw a guy in a wife beater and shorts with some bad rash, I asked him about it and he had wiped out on the Wall earlier in the week (he is also a local, so skis as one does if one is a local...).

I saw one gal in a bikini on Ego Trip just after seeing some newb slowride off the edge of the run :eek: Saw another guy only in red briefs heading down Perfect Pitches. Other wise a fair mix of people overdressed and underdressed for the day.

and if anyone saw these two lunatics skiing like Moe and Curly...
IMG_7884.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.