• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2022-2023 Big Bear, Mountain High, Waterman, Baldy Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popeye Cahn

Out on the slopes
Skier
^^^The @MountainMonster is 100% correct, it has been a blast, and conditions are excellent. Not a ton of runs open yet, but traffic is light. Get up here if you can. Where's @Pat AKA mustski ?
I need a fix, coming up Saturday and it looks like the weather front weakened into a nothingburger, but that should keep the traffic tamped down I hope.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^The @MountainMonster is 100% correct, it has been a blast, and conditions are excellent. Not a ton of runs open yet, but traffic is light. Get up here if you can. Where's @Pat AKA mustski ?
We have been renovating our rental cabin to put it on the market. We just finished today! Whew! We are off to Reno for a week because I bought new boots and @Tricia is going to fit them for me. Then we’ll be back until after the New Year. Hopefully, we can meet up and make some turns. :D

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We have been renovating our rental cabin to put it on the market. We just finished today! Whew! We are off to Reno for a week because I bought new boots and @Tricia is going to fit them for me. Then we’ll be back until after the New Year. Hopefully, we can meet up and make some turns. :D
Hope you're planning on skiing with us a bit. We will have a busy house this coming week with @Winks @Stephen and @Carl Kuck but we'll all be up for some skiing!

Popeye Cahn

Out on the slopes
Skier
Last pitch of Miracle just before 2pm yesterday.
Yesterday, the same!

We had a nice time after finally (grrrr) getting into the Fox Farm lot*. I wanted to play it easy, so warm up on 8 and 4 before moving to 1.
Lines were short, I suspect Bear was busier though. I considered taking the trail over to 7 but decided that SR and MM were fine enough for a first day of bad habits.
IMG_7253.jpg

*note to BBMR, maybe work on a consistent plan of action regarding parking? Perhaps fill up Brownie first then move to Moonridge and then FF?

Popeye Cahn

Out on the slopes
Skier
Will head up tomorrow for some (hopefully) lower crowd parking experience...
Friday was low key as expected. But I'm thinking that they are sending folks to the new lot at Sandlewood (behind the Vons shopping center) and Fox Farm first... which doesn't bode well because of the intersection at Fox Farm and Bid Bear Rd. It's a left hand turn, so I hope they re-meter it for the additional crush of traffic...

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Friday was low key as expected. But I'm thinking that they are sending folks to the new lot at Sandlewood (behind the Vons shopping center) and Fox Farm first... which doesn't bode well because of the intersection at Fox Farm and Bid Bear Rd. It's a left hand turn, so I hope they re-meter it for the additional crush of traffic...
Goldsmith’s must be screaming bloody murder. The Brownie lot was their goldmine for daily rentals!

snwbrdr

Out on the slopes
Skier
I think some moron that knew better than Caltrans crashed around Arrowbear around 11:00 am. I gave up waiting in traffic around 11:30am and turned my car around.

1670810011015.png

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I think some moron that knew better than Caltrans crashed around Arrowbear around 11:00 am. I gave up waiting in traffic around 11:30am and turned my car around.

View attachment 185630
You probably saved yourself the worst of it. Later today, TWO 40ft motor homes thought it would be wise to drive up a snowy mountain road! They closed it down! From Socalmountains.com.
3265B9E6-218F-4E9E-B4F9-20CDB2FC2927.jpeg

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Big bear weekends are a magical time ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online