• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Northern Rockies/Alberta 2022-2023 Big Sky Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
skidrew

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
No. They’re taking down the old tram next summer is the rumor.

More than a rumor . . . a plan. Check out the BigSky2025.com website.

This summer they're building foundations and maybe the midpoint tower, while leaving the old tram in place. Next summer (i.e. 2023) they plan to finish construction and remove the old tram (though I suppose they could do that even the following year, at least at the bottom station - it won't be in the way of anything).

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
What’s the word on the work for the new top terminal?
That little excavator didn’t fall off?
I have seen little activity on the new tram top terminal, but the local power up grade is proceeding. While the top terminal is a more exciting project the upgrade to the local power distribution is long over due for the resort and the community.

Helicopter Towers.jpg

TS
skidrew

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
What’s the word on the work for the new top terminal?
That little excavator didn’t fall off?
Seems like a lot of work at the base . . . top of Crazy Horse is going to feel a little different next year.

James

Out There
Instructor
Seems like a lot of work at the base . . . top of Crazy Horse is going to feel a little different next year.

Only skied Big Sky couple weeks, last was in 2010 I think. The old gondola was still in place but just a relic. Moonlight was still separate.
Where is Crazy Horse and what are they doing?

5CB4297F-6A89-4977-AE5F-AA5542029CE2.jpeg
I see there’s an inexhaustible supply of shark teeth for core shots. Just keeps coming out of the ground.

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
Crazy Horse is an intermediate trail that starts below the present Powder Seeker 6 chair (was the Bowl triple) and continues to the base area. Crazy Horse connects to the run outs from several other trails like Rice Bowl, Buffalo Jump, Tango Trees, Marmot Meadows and the terrain park.

TS
skidrew

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
To add, the bottom station for the new tram is being located near the top of Crazy Horse - our locals may be able to scout better, but from these photos it looks like the entrance to it will be narrowed and likely the subject of a decent amount of skier traffic loading to the tram. PowderSeeker is in the foreground of a couple of those Instagram pics.

Check the Big Sky website to get a sense of what they're doing - this is a two-year project with the two stations being started this summer and finished next summer (they hope).

James

Out There
Instructor
I wonder if it’s still on the soil glacier, or whatever it’s called. The base of the old one moves on that.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I wonder if it’s still on the soil glacier, or whatever it’s called. The base of the old one moves on that.
Nope... the rock glacier seems to be confined to the section under Lone Peak where the tram station currently is. The top of Crazy Horse is down to the left out of this pic...

1656715471252.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online