• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado 2022-2023 Colorado Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I skied both Thursday, Thanksgiving, and Saturday, today, at Keystone.

For the first few hours, Thursday was about as crowded as a normal weekday at those times, no more - good for lots of runs with some fresh.
Just great.

Saturday, today, was a surprise: for the first few hours it was a lot less crowded than a normal weekday,
though by 10:30 or so it began to fill up, and by 11:30 it was more like a Keystone weekend - time for me to go.

This is so much fun.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Don't know about you guys, but for me, especially this season, what with the great snow coverage (and terrain) elsewhere, I won't be going back to A Basin much until Montezuma and the Beavers are open and well covered - as much as I love A Basin and generally root for them always.

(When I was younger, however, it was Pallavicini all day long forever.)

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Forecast for the next 1-2 weeks looks hella dry. So no chance of a 2010-2011 season repeat. We live in another era of climate now it seems. No going back. :(
It’s just the most persistent western drought since the second century. Changes in solar output are supposed to create a cold 2030’s. It feels permanent because we measure in years, not millions of years. Persistence is always the best mid-range forecast tool unless there is reason to suggest otherwise. We’ve been lucky that it has been cold for snowmaking this year.

3 peat La Niña. Look familiar? Plan to ski a lot in Feb-May.

EA57465B-3C18-409A-8879-6ACE0BAC34DC.jpeg

Last edited:

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This is a nice graphic from our NWS friends in Boulder.

Fir6x-CUYAABGAD

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I’m noticing the whining about snow in the regional threads has quieted down.
We could always use more but it could be a lot worse. Its the same every year, the earlier the good terrain opens the more time we can spend skiing it. Coverage is key. Thankfully we dont have to deal with rain here in Colorado and snow preservation is amazing in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor