• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

International (Europe/Japan/Southern Hemisphere) 2022-2023 Europe Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolder

Out on the slopes
Skier
Currently in Val/Tignes and conditions are great! Despite other areas of the region having slower start to the season, Val/Tignes did well and has a big base. Views are magnificent and while 'busier' than other European resorts I've been to, its rare to wait in any lines other than the initial start to the day to get up and out of the resort.

Since Val only has a few trails that lead back into the resort, folks weren't kidding when they mentioned these trails take a big beating late in the day as everyone descends. The 'Face' and 'Santons' are glare ice and moguls the sie of VW bugs, but it's a fun challenge, especially after a beer or 2 (or 3).

Pretty insane prices here, although it's something I knew coming into this trip. It's vacation, right? Got to pay play! But, 70 bucks for lunches? sheesh! Although, hands down, it's best food I've had in Europe while skiing. Everything from pizza, to burgers and everything in between, it's been delicious.

Unfortunately, France and even Western Switzerland are not getting any snow from this latest round of storms and it looks like it's going to stay dry for awhile longer. Luckily for the deep base, hopefully that holds them over for a bit. Zermatt for instance is looking pretty sparse, fingers cross Western Alps get snow!
Yeah, the "big name" French resorts will spank you in your wallet for food in a way that Italian ones don't. I've been blindsided a few times -- "Nope, kids, sorry, no dessert today." -- How many people did your $70 feed? Hopefully more than one...good news is that you can get really good meals for well under $20 at less-well-known stations.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Limone, Piemonte this week. Fog made it troublesome but epic snow.

Attachments

• 3EF60D89-7CC4-405A-8891-240E79B4D9EB.jpeg
    3EF60D89-7CC4-405A-8891-240E79B4D9EB.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey European people... anyone want to start the 2023-2024 thread? I mean gosh... it's September already!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online