• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Arizona/New Mexico 2022-2023 Four Corners Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
I was at Sunrise a few weeks back helping to Tonto Gravity Riders out with getting started in the excavator for their trail build and man, that place looks haggard. All of the infrastructure has been neglected and that's going to turn a lot of people off from skiing there.

I wouldn't be surprised if they go under in the next 10-15 years.

I'd rather hike up Bennys Way from Sunset Meadow than waste my nice leather gloves on a rope tow. It's a super short and easy boot up that. I bet powder preservation has been decent on that side.

Toilet in the Sunrise Patrol shack.
tempImageMKa5wv.png

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyone know what the construction at Ski Santa Fe is all about?

Hiked up last weekend and came down the Sunset Trail side (far skiers' right) of the mountain. Massive earth moving equipment, graders and ditch diggers.

Trail improvements or snow making repairs or additions? @pais alto do you know?

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
Anyone know what the construction at Ski Santa Fe is all about?

Hiked up last weekend and came down the Sunset Trail side (far skiers' right) of the mountain. Massive earth moving equipment, graders and ditch diggers.

Trail improvements or snow making repairs or additions? @pais alto do you know?
I was going to say if anyone on here knows it’s @pais alto

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ve been out of touch, but the plan at SSF was to run snowmaking plumbing up Sunset/Sunrise. I’ll check when I get a chance, but I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what’s going on.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So bone dry winter or abnormally wet climate change fueled winter? What are your predictions? Looks like we are in for a triple dip La Nina which I don't think has ever happened before?

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This makes me sad, a Taos institution is gone (just one of many gone, I guess)
E39879DC-F58C-4B8F-BD92-E33FBC064B2E.png

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
OMG no! They said they weren't going to do that. So sad.

As to SSF I believe you are right. It looks like electrical and plumbing lines going in to stations along the way.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
OMG no! They said they weren't going to do that.
I was confused earlier too... but they did actually say they were going to do that. See here:

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was confused earlier too... but they did actually say they were going to do that. See here:

So I see. I guess i had rose colored glasses on and thought it was only interior demolition not the whole dang thing torn down.. Thank you.

Bradbury Stamm is a very good firm so hopefully it won't be too terrible. But the old place will be sorely missed. They don't say who the architect is. Just hope it isn't a huge monster right at the base there.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
So bone dry winter or abnormally wet climate change fueled winter? What are your predictions? Looks like we are in for a triple dip La Nina which I don't think has ever happened before?
I foresee a lot more mountain biking for me this winter than skiing. Kingman and Vegas are going to be hitting!

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Apparently everyone missed the first snow of the season here in AZ. Sunrise got snow at the top on 9/8. My video proof below:

TS
teejaywhy

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Watched all 10 hours 58 minutes! :cool:

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Any of you Phoenix folks used Crazy Legs for ski tuning?

Dryheat

Getting on the lift
Skier
So I guess we should be talking about Crescent Lake OR....

What are people's impressions? 1500ft vert, a lot of trails in planning stage.....Shred or pass?

Itinerant skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
So I guess we should be talking about Crescent Lake OR....

What are people's impressions? 1500ft vert, a lot of trails in planning stage.....Shred or pass?
Willamette Pass? Fun little place, right on the PCT. Just taken over by MCP. Mostly Eugene locals. More than a thousand miles from the four corners though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online