• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Arizona/New Mexico 2022-2023 Four Corners Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
teejaywhy

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh yeah... Heading up Sunday to ski M-T-W !

Purgatory 1-17-23.jpg

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
OMG - the worst I've ever seen it at Snowbowl, although admittedly the Gondola is shut down at the moment for some repairs ...
1674061854082.png

@teejaywhy told me that tickets were sold out for today!

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
TS
teejaywhy

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
OMG - the worst I've ever seen it at Snowbowl, although admittedly the Gondola is shut down at the moment for some repairs ...
View attachment 189512

@teejaywhy told me that tickets were sold out for today!

That was the Desert Snow Connection bus ride from PHX that was sold out. In any case, glad I didn't go up today!

The news said the school snow day closures for Flagstaff public and NAU were extended thru today, which may explain the crowd. Dang kids!!

TS
teejaywhy

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Nice day yesterday up at the AZSB. Sunny, no wind, no lines and soft snow. Picked the right day to go up. My first turns of the season.

And snow, there is a lot of it!

PXL_20230119_215201428.jpg
PXL_20230119_215221189.jpg

PXL_20230119_175340864.jpg

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Nice day yesterday up at the AZSB. Sunny, no wind, no lines and soft snow. Picked the right day to go up. My first turns of the season.

And snow, there is a lot of it!

View attachment 189806
View attachment 189807

View attachment 189808
I'm looking forward to getting back there some time when it's not as crowded as it was last time I was there. And it wasn't even that crowded. Scratchy snow though. This looks way better! Do people hike into those upper bowls?

TS
teejaywhy

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
... Do people hike into those upper bowls?

Indeed they do. Unfortunately, I did not capture a photo, but I saw a lot of folks up there yesterday.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I know, right? Methinks there needs to be a hard cap on the number of tickets sold and the highest price on their dynamic pricing system.

Why not? Yield management at its finest.

DebbieSue

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Question for Taos regulars. I'm going to be in town for a potential maximum of 9 ski days. (It's possible I will want to take a rest day.) I have 7 on my Ikon. Ikon requires reservations at Taos. The two days I have NOT reserved are Mon and Tues because those are apparently the lowest priced days for regular tickets.

The possibility of capitalizing on others' Ikon friends and family days might complicate the calculus further.

The question is, how much risk is there in NOT buying tickets in advance for those two extra days? Is there a chance they will sell out?
Similar issue….I have 8 potential ski days at TSV Jan 29-Feb 5 inclusive.
Purchase ahead online is $95 M-Tu-Wed-Th. No reservation required. Goes up to $155 in the 3 days prior and $195 same day. Ikon F&F is 25%off, so $120/150 (rounding).
Ikon reservations can be cancelled up to date before maybe even early same day . . .
So, seems like you could leave your last Wed and Thurs unreserved (not Mon Tues)
If by Sat/Sunday you haven’t rebooked one or ikon reservations because of skiing elsewhere, and don’t plan on a rest day, you can grab a $95 ticket.
I left my Thurs unreserved as the latest cheap day, on the basis of this reasoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online