• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022/2023 ~ How many days so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wooglin

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Lucky 13. Two bus loads of kids from Boston on the hill with Youth Enrichment Services. Apparently getting kids on snow for 50+ years. Cool. And still not crowded.

PXL_20230115_153046707.jpg

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Days 10, 11, and 12 were spent on a bit of a last minute trip to Alyeska over the holiday weekend with my wife. I finally had a bootfitter put me in a pair of boots that fit my foot properly. Got a pair of Atomic Hawx Ultra 130 S, and did the full shell and liner heat mold.

Picture is somewhere below the Ragdoll gate on the North Face.
20230115_122351.jpg

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well it had to begin sooner or later. In my case-about a month plus some change later than normal.
FBDAB3D1-CC74-4F8D-BB38-8752016FC0FD.jpeg

Everybody and his sister out on the slopes, Monday or not.

F99706FB-4B02-4378-B650-3279160F139D.jpeg

Fantastic choice for first days on snow these Deacons-light, quick, flickable. Easy to skid and smear as this is what I had to resort to in this crowd. Any turn shape you want.

And also-the fact they are noisy proved a blessing in disguise-same as the very loud freehubs on my bikes-no need to warn people you are coming, they can hear you anyway. :ogbiggrin:

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
Day eight for me yesterday. I normally don't count. Jiminy Peak is my home mountain mainly because I can only do a limited number of runs - 11+ yesterday. 11,000 vertical.

Jiminy is blasting snow on the steep trails right now. They have a good system plus the windmill generating energy. It is still costly to make snow as with any mountain. They do have an advantage there. They've done a good job.

It was the best day so far both for conditions and my skiing. I am trying hard to get off the tips of my skis. With my boots in a more upright position and buckles tighter than ever - carving is better but my quick turns are slower. I am more aware of washing out in the back. I ran into my former boot fitter. He is a very good fitter and coach. He has a large following with racers. Good guy.

I have always avoided de-tunning but these adjustment call for some changes.

Oh yeah, this thread is about number of days! Sorry for the drift.

Last edited:

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Day 20 at Killington. We had some early snow showers to smooth out the corduroy and soften up some trails. But then the next trail over would be chalky ice. Bumps were on the firm side where we skied them - lower Skyelark and Panic Button/Needle's Eye - but I felt I skied them better than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor