• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022/2023 ~ How many days so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn

Beep beep
Skier
Sunny and Spring like for Day 26 at Blue Mountain Collingwood. LOTS of rain today so will badly hurt their already mediocre coverage there.
Cool picture. I didn't realize Blue was right there on the lake. (Not that I'm very familiar with Ontario geography)

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Cool picture. I didn't realize Blue was right there on the lake. (Not that I'm very familiar with Ontario geography)
Overlooks the Georgian Bay and the reason they a usually a touch warmer than the other more inland hill(MSLM) I go to around here.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
PANO_20230209_143930-30.jpg

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Early morning with @slemmo while gf slept in, SUPERFIRM, as it was + last night then froze over, så superb GS conditions, there was a SG race on the main hill, forcing everybody to use the side runs, it was interesting, racers used the side runs to warm up, and hit easy 50-60mh jumping 20 meters on rollers, while parents brought there kids to the sideruns on the steep side here, as they didnt wanna do the 30 sec liftline on the "not so steep side" vs 0 sec on steep side... this was also the reason we called it an early day.. ohh and the prepping machine had had a failure on the narrowest part where everything gathers, had to ski between over terrained people there on last run

here a nice pic of @slemmo 's impressive very long tail butter on GS skis

2023-02-11 09.43.08.jpg

2023-02-11 09.34.01.jpg

2023-02-11 09.47.41.jpg

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Due to my schedule this winter I've been able to get a lot of weekday mornings up at the home bump. Enough to where I had actually lost count. But I have to pay a toll to cross the Delaware River every time I go, so my EZ Pass statement arrived Thursday and I am now able to count them up. Friday was day 25. Skipped the weekend, will ski Monday and Wed before skipping next weekend, then on to the best part of the season.

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
Day 14 - skied for an hour and a half + - 10 runs... no rush. Conditions were great and everything skied well. Less than a 5 min wait in the lift line but there were some crowds on certain trails. I had a lot of fun and along with my focus on skills, an attempt at "easy does it" (somewhat).

I ski hard for 1.5 hours to 2 hrs because exercise recovery for me is a problem. Takes a half hour to get to Jiminy and it's a pretty good hill. But it is frustrating since I have an Icon pass - one day so far this season.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Day 31 at Killington on Friday. We've mixed in a few Pico days as well.
Day 31 - Love when the Weekend crowd leave my favorite lines untouched until I can get there.
View attachment 192289
Downdraft? I tried to talk Jane into a run last week but we settled for Double Dipper, which turned out to be a glacial event. We made it down with our dignity intact. :rolleyes:

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
6 - felt like March, which is great when it's actually March. Not so much in mid February, although slushy bumps are way better to work on than icy ones. Was overdressed - this is shortly before we made a stop at the car to ditch swap layers.

90E95896-E369-4FF3-8D3F-EE016C58B74D.jpeg

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Days 18 and 19! 18 Was uneventful and just a bunch of good quality groomer zooming. Day 19 started out with skinning up for the first run and then the Ski Area Insurance dude came over and visited the patrol to talk about our documentation policies and other important but boring things. The afternoon.. well we had an accident over in one of the developing double black tree runs named "Bear Bait". The locals keep brushing it out just a little bit more each year and it's starting to develop more than a single primary route down, it's actually rather good now. I've had to pull a two different people with broken femurs out of that run before, it's a massive workout with a sled and then you got a mile long cat track out and back to the lodge. Thankfully our patient had a less serious upper arm injury and it was a relatively straight forward load and (slowly) go. Got me some good practice with out of the handles work on the toboggan and one of our newer patrollers did great on the tail rope .

Here is my face 3/4 of the way through my skin up for my first run. It's like 4*f and was starting to snow again. You'll also note that I make this face a lot when taking a selfie.
20230212_105103.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor