• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022/2023 ~ How many days so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My last day was Saturday. 27 days this season. Since I became a reborn ski bum March 2020, I have skied more days each season. 63 total reborn ski bum days. Had a really great season.

ski days 2023-03-27.JPG

Now I turn to fishing all summer...

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
Day 39
A "beautiful day" both weatherwise, but also because son achieved his first podium placement (second place) in a race (end of seasonal ski-school course program race), He was so proud! Me too, but not for the reason you might think. I am proud because he gave all he could to better himself compared to the previous years.
Snow-wise it was a "meh" day, warm and sunny, snow was reduced to an almost un-skiable slush...
Day 40
weather changed from overcast to...snowy! Maybe the resort will be able to stay, mostly, open until past Easter...after that, a bit of "glacier" skiing and then I'll call the season quit.
20230325_135318.jpg
Day 39...Memories (barbed wire) of WWI emerging from snow at 3000 mt asl...
This is actually on the glacier area. When I was a kid, summer skiing there in the '70, ski instructors were warning us not to straddle too far from the groomers, not because of crevasses risks, but due to the presence of yet uncovered, unexploded ordnances...to this day, some resurface...higher up and far from the skiable area.

cragginshred

Getting off the lift
Skier
Day 39
A "beautiful day" both weatherwise, but also because son achieved his first podium placement (second place) in a race (end of seasonal ski-school course program race), He was so proud! Me too, but not for the reason you might think. I am proud because he gave all he could to better himself compared to the previous years.
Snow-wise it was a "meh" day, warm and sunny, snow was reduced to an almost un-skiable slush...
Day 40
weather changed from overcast to...snowy! Maybe the resort will be able to stay, mostly, open until past Easter...after that, a bit of "glacier" skiing and then I'll call the season quit.
View attachment 198426
Day 39...Memories (barbed wire) of WWI emerging from snow at 3000 mt asl...
This is actually on the glacier area. When I was a kid, summer skiing there in the '70, ski instructors were warning us not to straddle too far from the groomers, not because of crevasses risks, but due to the presence of yet uncovered, unexploded ordnances...to this day, some resurface...higher up and far from the skiable area.
Where is this? Pretty cool history!

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
Passo del Tonale, extreme left on this map of the frontline 1915-1918 (Italy entered the conflict in 1915, hence in Italy the 1st world war is also know as the '15-'18 war). The frontline there stayed substantially unchanged for the duration of the conflict. JFI, where the frontline begins, at the three borders confluence of Italy with Switzerland and Austria in this map (then, now Italy, hence the border is external only between Switzerland and Italy, internal between Lombardy, Sondrio province, and the autonomous province of Alto Adige/Sued Tirol) is the Passo dello Stelvio...
Dettaglio-fronte-prima-guerra-mondiale-Italia.png

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
57 back home at Rose. Big Sky was great but lacking a bit in the snow department.:ogbiggrin:

102910.jpeg

@Philpug and me. Usually you can step to the top of the snow. photo by @Tricia

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Today was number 54 for me. Currently in Vermont for one more week then it's time to get the sailboat ready to be launched in early May. May hit 60 if weather next week cooperates.

Killington - 34
Pico - 2
Keystone - 12
Loveland - 6
Today was day 63 for me and likely the last of the season. Unless I need to make a return trip to make a few condo repairs. ;) We drive home on Sunday. We got a late start, but it was a very good afternoon with the fresh snow that started about 2 pm. The website says 1" but it skied deeper over on Snowdon where we finished our day to last chair with several runs of untracked snow.

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Day 20 today..but day 19 yesterday was an all time day in all time season here at Mammoth. I've got more skiing to go in April, May and probably June. Always wish it was more... but right in the middle of raising kids and there are lots of demands on my time.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The season's over for me after 104 days due to a pesky health problem. These 3 beauties are the skis that got me thru the season, had them waxed and they're now in the condo closet where they'll be ready to go next season. Hope I'm ready to go next season too.

View attachment 198815
Just seeing this now.
Hope the health issues sort themselves out.
Sending healing vibes, make sure you keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.