• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2022-2023 Killington Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

Out There
Instructor
Major rain and flooding. 5 inches in 2 hrs on Friday.
————————
Sunrise Village, Top Ridge and Spruce Glenn areas on East Mountain Road and Bear Mountain Road have been evacuated. All residents were asked to leave no later than 2 p.m. Sunday as more extreme rains were predicted Sunday night and into Monday and Tuesday. Sections of those roads were precariously eroded and were not be able to be immediately stabilized.
——————

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We are at Highridge, probably at the highest point on East Mountain Road. Our HOA board sent out a notice that the road was open to Highridge from the Snowshed base area after the first washout on Friday, but no update so far after the latest rains. I wouldn't be surprised if there are now issues with a few spots along that part of the road.

James

Out There
Instructor
No, but we were planning to visit in August. Will need to wait and see if we can get to our condo. I meant that I doubt the Highridge buildings will be affected, just the roads.
Road is fine to Highridge from the K access road. You wouldn’t even know anything had happened. It’s closed at Roundabout Road.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
The local Killington community came out to remember Barb Wood with a sunset paddle on her favorite little pond. Best known for her amazing photos, love of kayaking and zest for living life. Longtime Killington employee many know her from the Grand Hotel owner services job. She pasted a week ago from cancer. Beloved by those that knew her. We will miss you Barb.

Last pearl of wisdom she left me with:
The best thing about living in Killington is that you never will be judged for your love of skiing.
363851083_10231332347918915_75451259187488180_n.jpg

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
The 2023-2024 thread is up!

See it here:

Status
Not open for further replies.