• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2022-2023 Killington Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I had to turn off my phone alerts… the snow reports for there were getting too distracting. :D My buddies asked if I wanted to take a trip back there this weekend. My wife is a saint but they even have their limits lol.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Move the snow kind of day with lots of snow to move. Lifts on Snowdon and K1 box were slow to get going so we headed to the Superstar chair. Wind loaded ridges of snow were the bomb. Downdraft in the canyon was off the hook fun. Good foot of medium density cover.

Touchdown
IMG_2740.jpg
Lower Downdraft
IMG_2746.jpg

Shawn

Beep beep
Skier
M-Pro 90's for me and Faction Dictator 1.0X for the wife.
View attachment 196623
The M-Pro 90’s held up in the crud today. But sank in anything untracked. I had first tracks in Somewhere/ Nowhere glades at 9 am and just sank. Took your recommendation and lapped Superstar. Lots of fun.

Last edited:

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We had a great ski day (#53) and meet up with @DebbieSue and @ScottB. Our friend Rich let us know pre-storm that he would visit today and then when it snows it dumps as the SkiTalkers joined in after lunch with additional friends. We hit a mix of groomers, ungroomed and bumps plus glades for those that were adventuresome. Scott has the photographic evidence...

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
After a busy week and lots of powder, crud, and bump skiing, we took it easy today and just skied until noon...

on Vertigo, ungroomed Chute, Great Bear, Vagabond, and Northstar! :ogbiggrin: We wanted to get the goods we could before the r*** came. The first drops hit our windshield as we drove out of the parking lot.

Northstar
1679094936352.png

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Marker are you skiing tomorrow- I am solo this weekend

DebbieSue

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Here are the pictures from K ton today.

Debbie in the glades

Followed by the Ski talk crew and friends. Snow was great and fun group ski.

View attachment 197066 View attachment 197067

The glades run was suggested by Paul, far right in group shot. It’s called “Low Rider.” The photo shows me vertical, but I ended up horizontal a couple of times, one time eating some pine needles. Thanks @ScottB for helping me up! Kept singing (to myself) that 1975 funk “Low Ri-der.” Here it is, a great song from my impressionable years. Lyrics go “low ri-der don’t drive too fast.” Who named that run? Definitely a good thought!

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I must be nuts - I stuck it out for nearly 25K feet. Toured the mountain looking for the best of the worst and then would lap those runs until I would search out for something else. Best snow was cruise control, followed by upper bunny buster, bittersweet, great northern, and middle header. There was no rhyme or reason to what would be good. Rime was boiler plate groomer tracks, Reason was chunky monkey death cookies - it all depended on what time the groomer hit the trail. Cruise control - skiers left was boiler plate groomer tracks and middle section of same trail area was well groomed with little cookies. All in all an “interesting” day on the mountain. SuperStar lift was ski on, Needles was minimal wait, and Snowdon 6 wasn’t bad at all or North Ridge.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I must be nuts - I stuck it out for nearly 25K feet. Toured the mountain looking for the best of the worst and then would lap those runs until I would search out for something else. Best snow was cruise control, followed by upper bunny buster, bittersweet, great northern, and middle header. There was no rhyme or reason to what would be good. Rime was boiler plate groomer tracks, Reason was chunky monkey death cookies - it all depended on what time the groomer hit the trail. Cruise control - skiers left was boiler plate groomer tracks and middle section of same trail area was well groomed with little cookies. All in all an “interesting” day on the mountain. SuperStar lift was ski on, Needles was minimal wait, and Snowdon 6 wasn’t bad at all or North Ridge.
I don't ski Saturday's if I can help it and rain the day before seals the deal. It seems that a lot of weekends this season have been compromised by bad weather even when the week has been passable to great. Sorry for your bad luck!

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have plenty of good days this season, and today was not the worst day I have had @ Killington. I actually took the time today to work on my CARV metrics and achieved some new high scores - which considering the trail conditions was a great achievement.

mulva28

Short Turns Enjoyer
Skier
I must be nuts too. Did 10:30 -3:45. Stayed on the East side. There was good and bad. Dream Maker HW > Northway > Great Eastern > Valley Plunge was my favorite of the day and we did that a couple times. Cruise Control very good. Bear Groomers also pretty good in the afternoon. Skye Peak Express was a looong wait though. Needles Quad much better. Tomorrow will be interesting, Planning on lots of Superstar laps under the snowmaking.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Killington reported an inch of new snow over the hard base. Skied much deeper in spots. Cold has returned with the guns making snow on Superstar all day long. @Sandy_NYC joined us for the day. She earned a passing grade on skiing powder covered ice moguls.

@Sandy_NYC on Skyehawk Headwall
IMG_2788.jpg
Great Bear
IMG_2791.jpg

mulva28

Short Turns Enjoyer
Skier
Kind of a quick in and out 10 - 1:30; had to bring my kid back to school as Spring Break is over. ROTD definitely my 3 laps on Superstar which was under guns top to bottom. Better than yesterday by quite a bit. Have the day off so I'll try again tomorrow.

PeteH

Booting up
Skier
Did anyone else here take the Killington Mogul Camp last weekend (Mar 18-19) ? I was in it and learned a lot, made several improvements and had a great time! Not a lot of pics unfortunately but this is one looking up at Northstar and bumping our way down. It looks flat in that lighting but it was pretty bumpy !

1679343583381.png

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@PeteH glad to hear the positive feedback. I’m seriously considering signing up if they offer it again next season. Were the skiers grouped by experience?

PeteH

Booting up
Skier
@PeteH glad to hear the positive feedback. I’m seriously considering signing up if they offer it again next season. Were the skiers grouped by experience?
Yes depending on the size of the turnout, they break up into about 4 groups of different skill levels, ranging from beginner to moguls to advanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online