• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2022-2023 Killington Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

Out There
Instructor
We'd be the only ones in there. Empty hallways, dark kitchen and I've seen the shining too many times so all I saw was this.

1683243133046.png

Needless to say we brought stuff in from the car and if I forgot anything Michael would laugh at me because I'd go nope not going out there..

On a happy note it looks like Upper Lark, and Lower Bitter survived the week so I plan to be there on Sunday.

Will these two be in blue and with poles? Not sure they can handle the Superstar moguls.
1683243133046-png.202743

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
What club is that? :ogbiggrin:
Central Jersey ski club.

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I rode a lift at Blue a few years ago with someone who was part of that club. Sounds interesting… need to check it out at some point.

TS
ScottB

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Any reports from this weekend at Kton? Any predictions of what the conditions will be like next weekend? I am hoping to go next weekend, at least for a day. A little rain predicted on Friday with Sat and Sun looking pretty good.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Killington was fantastic yesterday. Superstar has so much snow. Lark and bitter were great too. Upper lark is doing great, high road decent and even lower bitter is holding up. Nice, big slushy bumps everywhere. Lower bitter was starting to show its teeth by late yesterday morning. I heard it was still skiable at the end of the day but fading fast. Everyone is saying we'll be down to only SS by next weekend and that next weekend will be the last that SS is good before it starts to really melt out. I hear friends predicting closing by weekend before memorial day.

Last edited:

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Superstar still has plenty of snow and should be good for at least a couple of weeks. Skylark into High Road has a lot of snow on it but was getting bare in a couple of spots late Saturday. They moved some snow around to cover it up overnight and Sunday it was in good shape until ~ 11:00 when I left. Not sue if that will make to to next weekend with the warmth and rain.
I skied the upper section of Skyhawk a few times Saturday morning because it was clear it wasn't going to last much longer. Sunday morning I went by it and half of it was just dirt, rocks, and sticks. A few guys who clearly didn't care about their rock skis were going down it. I yelled down Just to say you did it right?, and they laughed and said yeah.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Sweet three day run for the first May ski weekend. Friday morning was dry and over cast with a few annoying rain showers in the afternoon. Both Saturday and Sunday were warm sunny slushy fun. Bumps were as good as they get. Buddy who spent the week in Utah said that bumps on Superstar were hands down better than what he found out west. Celebrated turning 64 slope side Friday with tequila shots. My buddy who is 81 was only able to run the bumps for Friday and Sunday needing to take day off in between. He said after taking a break at the u-bar that the twenty somethings found him and his friend to be a curiosity.

Lower Superstar Friday Morning
IMG_3023.jpg
Birthday Tequila Shots
IMG_3029.jpg
Our Access Road Base Camp
70515124761__1ACE8531-3565-4E17-82FD-D7123A358B92.jpg
Sunday Afternoon Moguls
IMG_3053.jpg

crosscountry

Sock Puppet
Skier
Pass Pulled
Saturday afternoon was the busiest day I've ever seen in May. Superstar resembles that Olympic advertisement! Great party atmosphere though.

Sunday morning was a lot more civilized. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Sunday around noon was mass ugliness on high road to bitter. The Saturday night party crowd who slept in and crawled out of their hangover state by lunchtime and started bombing down the trail. I was chatting with my friend on the side of the trail when some dude just had to go in back of Rob. Really, you couldn't just go on the regular part of the trail. A few minutes later down the run 2 bros decided to synchronize rooster tail us. One went on each side and the 3rd was go pro'ing the whole thing. The executuon was flawless and well synchronized. It was hot out and the snow all over us was actually refreshing but i decided the tailgate was the safer place to be so that was a great time for me to stop.

Last edited:

crosscountry

Sock Puppet
Skier
Pass Pulled
Sunday around noon was mass ugliness on high road to bitter. Just mass amounts of bombers. The Saturday night party crowd who slept in and crawled out of their hangover state by lunchtime.
I wasn't sure which part of the day would be better snow-wise. So did Saturday afternoon first, after driving up from the flatland. While I enjoy the festivity, the threading through bodies in addition to bumps was less enjoyable. So made a point to do a morning session on Sunday for a change. Turns out the snow was better in the morning too. Just firm enough to be supportive.

Left Sunday around noon, when the line started to build. I guess I missed the peak of the on-snow "festivity". :)

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I'm done now. Looks like sky bitter didn't survive the week so that's my cue. Got 52 days in. Next up big snow on June 1st. I've been skiing every weekend since Thanksgiving so almost 6 months of skiing works for me. Time to set up the deck, get out the disc's and have a few months of summer. 91 days until pre season football. I've a few trips to big snow planned over the summer and fingers crossed I get to ski in October or early November.

TS
ScottB

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Saturday looks like the best weather day, although tomorrow looks pretty good with slight chance of a passing shower. Can't make it tomorrow, but I will be there Saturday.

crosscountry

Sock Puppet
Skier
Pass Pulled
Saturday looks like the best weather day, although tomorrow looks pretty good with slight chance of a passing shower. Can't make it tomorrow, but I will be there Saturday.
I think I maybe done for the season.

It's not the skiing isn't good. It was great last weekend.

But it's now sunny and warm down in the flat land. My bike is staring at me every time I pull into the garage. After a couple of short rides this week in the lovely spring sun, I'm itching for a full day multi-hour REAL ride which I can only do on weekend. That has a much stronger appeal over a few short hours of skiing.

Sorry, the skiing princess Cindarella is turning back into a pumpkin, I mean, a cycl-aholic pumpkin. ;)

Last edited:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I think I maybe done for the season.

It's not the skiing isn't good. It was great last weekend.

But it's now sunny and warm down in the flat land. My bike is staring at me every time I pull into the garage. After a couple of short rides this week in the lovely spring sun, I'm itching for a full day multi-hour REAL ride which I can only do on weekend. That has a much stronger appeal over a few short hours of skiing.

Sorry, the skiing princess Caldarella is turning back into a pumpkin, I mean, a cycl-aholic.

It's all good. Everyone has their "I'm done" point. Mine is when K is down to one trail. Last week was so good and I skied til may 7th so I'm content. We started disc golf season last weekend so it was the perfect segue for us. I'm not a summer gal but usually by mid may I'm ready for some disc golf, bbqs and fire pits. Our off season is pretty short as fall comes fast and it's not long before we have lovely cool nights as we drift into football season. Skiing isn't long after that.

Have a great biking season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online