• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2022-2023 Killington Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Last edited:

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Another stellar weekend run of fun spring games is in the books. Superstar was groomed all three mornings from the start with the bumps ruling by noon. A racing buddy made the comparison to a run of Dead shows. First day was off the hook, Second day had a hard time reaching the peak of the first, Third day was it's own show. For those of us not out West it was dreamy. Tons of spring corn with the World Cup ice base holding up well. Killington opens again next Friday to do it all again.

Friday 9 am groom
IMG_3061.jpg
Friday 5 pm groom
IMG_3073.jpg
@James ponders the Superstar Headwall Saturday at noon
IMG_3075.jpg
Fans stop to watch Hannah Soar on Saturday
IMG_3084.jpg

James

Out There
Instructor
Fans stop to watch Hannah Soar on Saturday
Love watching Hanna.
Great day on Saturday. For some reason I got faint and dizzy. Could’ve been the sun, dehydration, and lack of full burka mode. Thanks for the food and water at the compound which restored some order a d enabled more laps. Have a great trip out west!

TS
ScottB

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Any Kton reports from today? I never made it up last Saturday, my loss, but maybe tomorrow might be a go, still deciding? Checked the weather and not ideal (sunny) but overcast with reasonable temps (60) and rain late in the day.

MissySki

Rogue Assassin of Bad Puns.
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Still looks great, thanks for sharing!

James

Out There
Instructor
:cool: and why didn't I know about this, did I miss the thread :huh:

Been there quite awhile. You’d have to ask the Killington regulars how long. I don’t think people are Franz Klammering down from Pico.

IMG_5252.jpeg
IMG_5252.jpeg
Taken from walkway above Northridge lift last October 22. They had tested the snow guns. Then it got warmer.

PinnacleJim

Out on the slopes
Skier
The Interconnect was cut in the late 90s. Got stopped by a challenge by environmentalists, so ASC's Les Otten switched gears and instead used the money planned for the lifts to replace the Killington Peak chair with the K1 gondola.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
The trail was build to allow Killington to pump their sewage waste tank at night down to the Rutland system for processing. Fairly flat with half the trail often groomed.

PeteH

Booting up
Skier
Great skiing on Superstar this Memorial day weekend !

Pictures never show the steepness of the headwall !

20230528_125008780_iOS.jpg

MTB and Golf course were open too so you could do all 3 and get a t-shirt

20230528_133900861_iOS.jpg

20230527_203706417_iOS(2).jpg

James

Out There
Instructor
Possibly end of the season for Killington. They’ll decide Wednesday.
IMG_0974.jpeg
Opened at 9am today instead of 8. Got there early.

IMG_0976.jpeg
IMG_0975.jpeg
Up on the first batch of chairs. Only patrol tracks down before the rapidly descending hordes

IMG_0971.jpeg
From yesterday morning actually. Ran into @ScottB while leaving, so took another run.

That’s it for my quota of Killington days this season.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We are headed up for our annual HOA meeting this Saturday then I saw the announcement of Thursday skiing to close the season in June. We will not arrive in time to partake as we must drive up Thursday due to a doctor appointment. :doh: This spring has been a bit of a sh*tshow, so no return visits for some spring skiing as in other years. I'm hoping next year we will do better, but once spring sets in it is harder to make time for the trip from SE PA.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I hope everyone who goes to K tomorrow has a blast. I'll be at Big Snow for a mini ski day. It's been warm the past few days, I'm looking forward to being in a contained area that's 28 degrees and doing a little sliding on snow. We're getting Beast 365 passes for next season so I'm looking forward to even more days at the beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online