• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2022-2023 Killington Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I hear the nights are getting cold in Vermont now and in a couple of months it will be time to debate if Mikaela Shiffrin will win the woman's WC slalom event at Killington again this year. Time to start up the Kton thread for this coming season. A shout out to our local expert on all things Killington, @Guy in Shorts (Mark), for his great posts in the past and looking forward to keeping up with the news at Killington again this year. Any and all posts are welcome, as always, and being in the know about the good snow is always appreciated. I sound like I just finished a Marketing class, but I am just hyped up on coffee this morning and figured I'd start up this years thread. On a personal note, my son graduated from UVM in May (and moved back home to Mass. for a while) so I won't have as much motivation (or a free place to crash) to head to Northern Vt this year, but I am considering joining the Jersey Ski Club that some New England Gathering skiers stayed at last spring. Here's hoping for a good snow year.

IMG_20220402_104516208.jpg IMG_20220402_170530735.jpg

Truberski

Getting off the lift
Skier
Check out the Killington Web Cams!! They are blowing snow on Suoerstar and North Ridge and surprisingly not telling the world about it…..

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
The faithful will gather at Killington this week for Opening Day Festivities. Best guess is Wednesday or Thursday but we are ready to lock and load at the drop of a hat. Ski you'lll out there.

Opening Day line last season.
IMG_1362.jpg

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I'm ready. Due to work I may not be able to make opening but I'll take a day off next week pre Thanksgiving. My skis are at Totem Pole in Ludlow waiting for me.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Jane and I are getting antsy but the late start will push the start of our season probably to December. I could have been there this week if they had opened earlier like last year!

James

Out There
Instructor
Question is, can they make on Superstar, Skylark, and Northridge at the same time?

I would think Northridge would get bumped. Not that much snow needed up there since it’s mostly grass.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Luckily the World Cup snowmaking system is independent from the rest of the mountain. So covering Superstar and Skye Lark is its own endeavor on its own system.

Northridge will get covered provided the supply line has been repaired, I'm sure. And yes: the requirements for public skiing are far less stringent than those to pass FIS snow control.

The only thing that's a bummer is that the various national teams tend to train at other Vermont mountains for the days leading into the World Cup weekend. Given the current conditions I can't imagine the usual places - Sugarbush, Okemo, Stowe - being up to the task. So will the teams hang out in Colorado and do a quick transfer to Vermont? Sounds fraught.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Question is, can they make on Superstar, Skylark, and Northridge at the same time?
Yes, The limitation is they can't blow Snowdon top to bottom and Superstar at the same time. The tight snowmaking timeframe will mean Superstar takes priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor