• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2022-2023 Killington Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
How are conditions on the snowmaking trails? I'm trying to decide whether or not to bring skis I care about tomorrow.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
A little late, but better with the snow. I ran into folks from other parts of the east and they were thrilled with the coverage compared to their locales. If you came today, perhaps we can meet up for a few runs.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
A little late, but better with the snow. I ran into folks from other parts of the east and they were thrilled with the coverage compared to their locales. If you came today, perhaps we can meet up for a few runs.
I’m doing drills over at Ramshead today. Where do you think you’ll be late morning?

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Tale of two days:
Day 15 yesterday was a late start on a sunny firm groomer zoomer day, although by 4 it was very skied off and pretty empty. Rossi Hero Elite LT were the ticket. Ran into some bumps, but I guess I handled them okay on these. 2nd Killington Downhill of the season! But I was getting passed because I still was completing my turns rather than straight-lining like the rampaging hordes.

Day 16 was nice with 2" fresh snow and Dynastar M-Pro 90. Nice bumps on lower Skyelark and parts of Bittersweet under the guns. Was searching for fresh snow along the trail edges for butter smooth skiing. 3rd KD but more relaxed with the fresh snow. The vibe today was great with most everyone enjoying the snow and not bombing the runs.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Day 21 with a modest crowd before tomorrow's storm. We've been skiing the same 10 advanced blue or black runs for it seems like forever. Conditions continue to improve incrementally. Skyelark was really nice top to bottom and Superstar was okay early. East Fall was just getting close to skied off by the time we hit it. Panic Button/Needle's Eye was, ahhh, groomed, but firm. Highline was finally open when we arrived there, so at least it was a first for the year!

Under the guns, upper Skyeburst snow was just a bit sticky, but avoided Cascade after talking to some folks that emerged coated in gun ice. Very sticky. The difference was that Skyeburst was below an inversion that developed this morning while Cascade was above it (according to a groomer operator that we shared the K! gondola with). A few natural ungroomed trails were opened, but we thought best to wait for tomorrow's storm to hit them for the first time this year. I hope putting the Rangers in the SUV this afternoon doesn't jinx it.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Day 22 yesterday was glorious with 6-8" over the time we skied. Plenty of soft bumps to go around as we skied all over the resort on the less busy trails. Wildfire was open top to bottom and my funniest runs of the day as mostly avoided by the crowds on the Bear lifts side. Skyelark was almost as nice. Needle's Eye was surprising thin in comparison. We did do a relaxed Peak-to-Creek to enjoy the views and smooth quiet skiing. Despite Vagabond being open, the fun little drops off some rocks revealed less cover than I had hoped for, and we heard that Northstar was worse. The last run of the day down Timberline (no park set up yet) had plenty of untracked powder along the edges so I took the left side and my wife the right!

The report today says they are blowing snow on Outer Limits so I hope we can hit that next week before the insane bumps develop. That was a similar situation last year on my first trip down OL and right after a nice snowfall.

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
8"at Jiminy Monday night. Only a few trails but it was good.
That was my home mountain , where I learned to ski and skied every day from 8 to 18 years old. Walking distance which was useful on school “Snow days”. I’ve been there in the off season to visit my mom but I haven’t skied it in 40 years. It’s on my list however.

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
That was my home mountain , where I learned to ski and skied every day from 8 to 18 years old. Walking distance which was useful on school “Snow days”. I’ve been there in the off season to visit my mom but I haven’t skied it in 40 years. It’s on my list however.

Walking distance - would that be Hancock, MA. Walking distance means different distances today than it did then.

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yes, Hancock. About a mile and half. Getting to Corey road took half an hour then someone would often pick me up. My mom did PR for Jiminy for awhile as well. I could see most of the mountain from my bedroom window.

mulva28

Short Turns Enjoyer
Skier
ROTD: Needles right side under gondy did this 4x & Dreammaker HW. Honorable mention Escapade > Flume. I think I skied nothing but bumps and fresh(chop) all day; well, 8:00-2:30. @Marker I actually thought Northstar and Vagabond were alright. I have low standards though :) Now Upper Wildfire and Lower Royal Flush were a bit sketchy; but hit both of those after lunch and did Vagabond and NS to start my morning. I kind of like how we're getting Killington to open trails Sugarbush style! Great day if you stayed away from the crowds. And it was crowded. Cars lined down the access road on both sides past the Killington sign, just past Glazebrook when I left at 2:45. Time for a beer!

mulva28

Short Turns Enjoyer
Skier
The report today says they are blowing snow on Outer Limits so I hope we can hit that next week before the insane bumps develop. That was a similar situation last year on my first trip down OL and right after a nice snowfall.
It was lit up top T2B!!!

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
ROTD: Needles right side under gondy did this 4x & Dreammaker HW. Honorable mention Escapade > Flume. I think I skied nothing but bumps and fresh(chop) all day; well, 8:00-2:30. @Marker I actually thought Northstar and Vagabond were alright. I have low standards though :) Now Upper Wildfire and Lower Royal Flush were a bit sketchy; but hit both of those after lunch and did Vagabond and NS to start my morning. I kind of like how we're getting Killington to open trails Sugarbush style! Great day if you stayed away from the crowds. And it was crowded. Cars lined down the access road on both sides past the Killington sign, just past Glazebrook when I left at 2:45. Time for a beer!
I suspect you know the rock free line to ski from experience! Wildfire was approaching sketchy on Friday when we abandoned Bear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January