• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2022-2023 Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier

snwbrdr

Out on the slopes
Skier
Pffft, try I-15 to Utah. The 395 is fine once you are past the hellscape of Adelanto/Hesperia,Victorville.
I have. You get the Vegas traffic to break things up. At least the speed limit in Utah is 80 mph, so it gets done faster if you choose to.... and it's better to split the drive into 2 days... starting at night, and you sleep at the nevada side of the Arizona/Nevada border

395 is just boring to drive, especially in between adelanto and Ridgecrest. After Ridgecrest, you have to watch out for speed traps in the small towns

Last edited:

Popeye Cahn

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have. You get the Vegas traffic to break things up. At least the speed limit in Utah is 80 mph, so it gets done faster if you choose to.... and it's better to split the drive into 2 days... starting at night, and you sleep at the nevada side of the Arizona/Nevada border

395 is just boring to drive, especially in between adelanto and Ridgecrest. After Ridgecrest, you have to watch out for speed traps in the small towns
Well, I beg to differ. Utah is Utah, and things get better once you get to the Virgin River canyon. But... Everything between that and Berdoo is just a slog. I'm in SD, so it's a long trip and know it well enough but the 395 holds a more special place for me than I-15, having traversed it from Reno on south. Also, having lived in South Georgia, I know small town speed traps all too well and heed the signs ;-)
And the mining towns of Red Mountain and Johannesburg are a decent distraction to the tedium that break at Ridgecrest. From there the visions of the Sierra fill my heart.

At any rate, I have only vehicular means to gain access to places that I want to visit so I make the best of the trip.

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, I beg to differ. Utah is Utah, and things get better once you get to the Virgin River canyon. But... Everything between that and Berdoo is just a slog. I'm in SD, so it's a long trip and know it well enough but the 395 holds a more special place for me than I-15, having traversed it from Reno on south. Also, having lived in South Georgia, I know small town speed traps all too well and heed the signs ;-)
And the mining towns of Red Mountain and Johannesburg are a decent distraction to the tedium that break at Ridgecrest. From there the visions of the Sierra fill my heart.

At any rate, I have only vehicular means to gain access to places that I want to visit so I make the best of the trip.
Well stated.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Ikon pass finally purchased....how did the pass go up this year...feels like a fair amount.
Well you missed out on the lower prices earlier this year - the full pass went from $1079 in March, to $1179 in May, to $1229 as of about a week ago. That might account for some of it.

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well you missed out on the lower prices earlier this year - the full pass went from $1079 in March, to $1179 in May, to $1229 as of about a week ago. That might account for some of it.
You are correct. The $100 savings wasn't enough to induce me to let them capture my revenue earlier this spring/summer. They are all about capturing their revenue early...which is fine...I'm all about waiting until the last possible minute to give them my money. lol.

Popeye Cahn

Out on the slopes
Skier
You are correct. The $100 savings wasn't enough to induce me to let them capture my revenue earlier this spring/summer. They are all about capturing their revenue early...which is fine...I'm all about waiting until the last possible minute to give them my money. lol.
Dude... Affirm! 0% financing! lock in the low price and pay it off over 6 or more months ;-) Painless :)

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Dude... Affirm! 0% financing! lock in the low price and pay it off over 6 or more months ;-) Painless :)
Yeah...no problem with that. I just generally take my pain...pay it and move on. Less overhead in terms of managing one other administrative task. Out of curiosity..if one doesn't manage to pay it off in 6 mos...I bet that's a nice bump in the rate? :eek:

Popeye Cahn

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yeah...no problem with that. I just generally take my pain...pay it and move on. Less overhead in terms of managing one other administrative task. Out of curiosity..if one doesn't manage to pay it off in 6 mos...I bet that's a nice bump in the rate? :eek:
The payments are fixed, you pay it off in the allotted time ;-)

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I dunno if it was your music...or the pure joy that you are feeling and expressing....but this video gave me shivers and got me so STOKED!!!!!! Thanks for sharing. I could feel myself making those turns. Not gonna be this way this week is it? :rolleyes: I'm ready to go...time to tune the skis right after Halloween..just need some white stuff!!

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
I dunno if it was your music...or the pure joy that you are feeling and expressing....but this video gave me shivers and got me so STOKED!!!!!! Thanks for sharing. I could feel myself making those turns. Not gonna be this way this week is it? :rolleyes: I'm ready to go...time to tune the skis right after Halloween..just need some white stuff!!
that wasn't me, that's mammoth mountain snowman, guy does reports from the mountain

edit: posted for stoke...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online