• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2022-2023 Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Unfortunately at my stage of recovery I have sworn not to ski in difficult conditions. I just can't afford to take chances.

I guess I will decide tomorrow morning as the current forecast is for a kinda nice morning and a snowy afternoon. Of course today's forecast was for a kinda nice morning as well...

Which proves that the only forecast you can trust is the "window cast".

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
View attachment 202349

first day of spring (yeah right!) skiing at Mammoth today. Skied with many familiar faces of the California contingent @Unpiste @A Grump @missyc as well as some East coast skiers who made the trip @mdf @DebbieSue. Now which group is @KingGrump in? The guy is every where!

missing some of the usual suspects @Near Nyquist @Rainbow Jenny @Tony S
You gonna ski in weather like that you need to bust out the bright outfits there, male Grumps.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Check out the Palisades schedule. I don’t have it memorized yet, but I think Alpine is now closed on Tuesdays.
Tahoe schedule (Alpine closed Mon & Tue)

locknload

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Can I get roll call for mammoth yacht club over Memorial Day weekend please....I will be there with my better half and the young groms (who are now teens) and some friends from San Diego. This should be a great party this year!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I mean... you could stick with the SL theme, but maybe someone could be on a Head, or a Fischer, or a Volkl, or a Stockli, or a Rossi, etc. etc.... something not red! (Yeah, I know... if it's not red, it will be slower. :P )

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
So many copy-cats... geez... ski something original! :P

I mean... you could stick with the SL theme, but maybe someone could be on a Head, or a Fischer, or a Volkl, or a Stockli, or a Rossi, etc. etc.... something not red! (Yeah, I know... if it's not red, it will be slower. :P )

Got the discount on the Costco family pack.
Maybe Costco will have the family variety pack come summer.

Looks cold. LOL.

It was.

locknload

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not all fresh snow is POW. We have standards.
Was being aspirational for you @KingGrump b/c it looked cold too. Was hoping it was oh so soft like it was about 3 weeks ago!!!!! But it is May....call it a POW day and enjoy it. See you in a few weeks when its sunny and warm. I'm done shivering in the cold up there and the high winds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online