• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2022-2023 Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Mdf doesn't have droopy head, knows how to carry skis, puts his pants down over his boot cuffs, and is not outfitted in a Civil War color palette.
He didn't say that guy WAS @mdf... he just asked if that guy might have the boots @mdf forgot and left behind! (You know, since he has like 6 more identical pair in storage.)

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
He didn't say that guy WAS @mdf... he just asked if that guy might have the boots @mdf forgot and left behind! (You know, since he has like 6 more identical pair in storage.)

We were in the gondola the other day. One of the young boarders asked about the Boot Glove on @mdf boots. MDF said it was to retard UV degradation of the plastic shell. Should've seen the look on those guys' faces. I had to tell them the boots are older than they are. They said no way. I then told them the boots dated back to the late '80/early '90. Those guys must have thought they were in a museum tour coming face to face with a live dinosaur.

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Here are some selfies taken by @MegKan. Another day skiing spring slush on FIS SL skis with the @KingGrump and Mamie
Today is the last day of skiing for me, @MegKan and @mdf. That’s a wrap for the 2022-2023 season for me and @mdf.

View attachment 203497
View attachment 203498

Have you ever seen @mdf’s hair try to escape through the vents of his helmet?

View attachment 203500
We're bummed we missed you, mdf and TonyS but the timing for us heading down to Mammoth didn't work out until today.

Glad you had good snow and good friends while you were there.

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Mdf doesn't have droopy head, knows how to carry skis, puts his pants down over his boot cuffs, and is not outfitted in a Civil War color palette.
Of all of the great put-downs here...I'm wondering if its worse to have a "droopy head" OR not knowing whether to put your pants down over your boot cuffs......ogsmile

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Still hoping we get good turnout for MM day weekend. We head up a week from Thursday and am stoked!!!!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Of all of the great put-downs here...I'm wondering if its worse to have a "droopy head" OR not knowing whether to put your pants down over your boot cuffs......ogsmile
Pants cuffs... definitely...

(After all, everyone gets tired and droopy headed sometimes... right @Andy Mink?)

1684260299913.png

Ivan

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm at Mammoth this week. Arrived Sunday night after a long trip from the East Coast, will be here until Sunday. Absolutely love it so far (though the elevation is definitely tough). Today I also cam up with a strong contender for the best fall of the season:

Might have been an error on my part, or maybe I just caught a rut (or both). Happened on the Exhibition run right under the gondola, and I slid to a full stop for about 250 meters (roughly 800 ft for Americans). It was my first fall while skiing in over 10 years, so at least I made it a memorable one (and walked away just fine). Thanks to the guys who brought my skis and GoPro to me (not sure if they are here on this forum).

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Wow - that was a long slide. Good to hear you’re ok!

And if you’re going to have an impressive fall, might as well do it under a lift. :philgoat:

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
It was my first fall while skiing in over 10 years
what? You need to challenge yourself a little more there.

We can't tell exactly what caused your fall. My falls that look kind of like that (based on the slo-mo of the skis) generally happen when I get a little cocky with the inclination (not enough angulation) and get a little too much weight on the inside ski. In that situation, if you lose the inside ski even a little bit, due to an ice cookie or something, it can kick the outside ski out and then you are down instantly. It tends to happen to me more often on soft snow because I don't get the instantaneous feedback on balance and pressure that I get from ice, if something is "off", and I can cheat.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm at Mammoth this week. Arrived Sunday night after a long trip from the East Coast, will be here until Sunday. Absolutely love it so far (though the elevation is definitely tough). Today I also cam up with a strong contender for the best fall of the season:

Might have been an error on my part, or maybe I just caught a rut (or both). Happened on the Exhibition run right under the gondola, and I slid to a full stop for about 250 meters (roughly 800 ft for Americans). It was my first fall while skiing in over 10 years, so at least I made it a memorable one (and walked away just fine). Thanks to the guys who brought my skis and GoPro to me (not sure if they are here on this forum).
I often wonder why the bases of skis aren't made with the same material as our clothing. That stuff seems to slide REALLY well in all conditions!

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier

Try tomahawking 2/3rds of the way down Monument haha :philgoat: :crutches:

Status
Not open for further replies.