• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2022-2023 Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

freddie

Booting up
Skier
where is a good place at Mammoth near the main base lodge to throw a beater backpack that has a bag lunch, water bottle and sunblock? Under the ski racks? Other places?

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
where is a good place at Mammoth near the main base lodge to throw a beater backpack that has a bag lunch, water bottle and sunblock? Under the ski racks? Other places?
Bottom of chr1, lookers right of the maze, add to the race team packs or to the left, against the wall of Patrol room.
Lost & found is in the same building incase someone turns it in.

In2h2o

Out on the slopes
Skier

In addition to adding to the others packs, 5$ gets you a token for a one time use locker at main or take your chances and use the locker without locking it.... check out the lockers under Romas next to the chair 6 door.

Ok I got around a bit more today, the grooming is pretty funky on 12 and Canyon is a little thin, watch out for the saplings.
Still some 'unused' corduroy on some runs off the main arteries or in areas not accessible to running lifts but easy to traverse to....

While it's great they are open now at Canyon lodge, the Blue line which services the canyon area from the lodge to the village gondola is not scheduled to be running until Dec 17th. Would be nice if the shuttle was working then wouldn't have so many parking issues - especially those who booked condos on the loop and are expecting the shuttle....

KenK

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
In addition to adding to the others packs, 5$ gets you a token for a one time use locker at main or take your chances and use the locker without locking it.... check out the lockers under Romas next to the chair 6 door.
I was up last weekend and it's now $20 for a small locker at Canyon. For that price we just left our boot bags under a bench inside near the locker room. We saw other people leave their street shoes hanging from the ski/snowboard rack pegs.

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Main lodge locker is $15 day 1 time use

In2h2o

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hmmm I was referring to the token.....
According to the websitehttps://www.mammothmountain.com/on-the-mountain/resort-services/locker-rentals:

SINGLE-USE LOCKERS​

Both Main and Canyon Lodge offer token-operated ski or boot lockers, while Eagle Lodge offers boot lockers only. A token is required each time the locker needs to be locked, which can be obtained at a token machine within each locker room area for $5 each.

DAY-USE LOCKERS​

Daily locker rentals are available at the Mountain Center in The Village and Main, Canyon and Eagle Lodges. Lockers can also be rented for multiple days at a time.

Boot Locker | $10/Day
Lockers are located within the rental shop. Sign up at the locker kiosk next to the locker bank.

Ski Locker | $15/Day ($18 at Canyon Lodge)
Lockers are located throughout each location; not available at Eagle Lodge. Sign up at the Guest Services counter.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
I was up last weekend and it's now $20 for a small locker at Canyon. For that price we just left our boot bags under a bench inside near the locker room. We saw other people leave their street shoes hanging from the ski/snowboard rack pegs.
Just wear old beater shoes that you can stash anywhere and not worry about them being taken! Perhaps a risk of dogs chewing on them. LoL

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
The lockers allow us to enjoy the day our way.
I would probably pay almost anything for the convenience but just like the sound of five dollars.

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Chair 23 opened today for first time this season ! I had my best run ever on WipeOut Chute 1. Soft packed snow. No moguls; No rocks. :golfclap:
Love wipeout Chutes!!! So pretty amazing snow in there?? Report please.

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We will be up the week BEFORE the holiday week. You couldn't pay me to ski during the Holiday week. Anyone gonna be around and want to make some turns? I'll be doing a lot of skiing with my wife and boys but they ski most of the mountain. Can always break away for a some turns in some more technical terrain. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online