• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2022-2023 Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We will be up the week BEFORE the holiday week. You couldn't pay me to ski during the Holiday week. Anyone gonna be around and want to make some turns? I'll be doing a lot of skiing with my wife and boys but they ski most of the mountain. Can always break away for a some turns in some more technical terrain. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
We're tentatively planning on the 15th to the 18th.

river-z

searching for seasons
Skier
I'm going up to June with my family the first week of January. Might go to Mammoth for a morning. Really looking forward to it and glad to see snow in the forecast (even if it's still in far enough out to be fantasy range).

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So we have 2 feet of fresh but massively high winds.....both good and bad. I'm sure there is/was some great skiing to be had up there in spot where you can get away fro m the wind.

river-z

searching for seasons
Skier
Going to June Mountain is a trip into the past. Accept this paradigm and enjoy the solitude.
There's a lot of truth to this because as annoying as that first lift is once you get past it you hardly ever wait again and you have a lot of runs to yourself. I will also that one of my best ski days ever was on the lower part of June on a storm day and my legs appreciated that long trip back up in order to recover a bit.

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Spent the afternoon (1-4 pm) on Chairs 1,2 and 3. Fantastic conditions, though visibility was sketchy. Were it not for my first-day-of-the-season legs and first hours at elevation in 7 months, it would have been a top-10 day.
I guess the top never opened. Will you be there tomorrow?

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Snowing now with avi control in the background :daffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor