• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2022-2023 Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Good point. I know MJB...but I don't know where "Varmit" is.
I've seen several references to "Varmit's". Where is that, exactly? And is it really "Varmit's" or do people just not know how to spell "varmint"?

Good point. I know MJB...but I don't know where "Varmit" is.
It's between Hangman's and MJB'S, not listed on the map and usually just a bunch of jumbled rocks, I spell it that way because the patrol avy map does.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Groomer zooming this morning was great, especially off 5 and 1. The training courses (solitude, snowflake/fascination and terry’s run) were all open, and for the first time that I’ve been coming face of five was groomed overnight. Best day of the week!
I was there too. Didn’t see any tele skiers, though. I started on Stump, then did a few laps off 1, 3, and 23. Good day. I wish I could have skied longer, but 7:30 to 11:30 seems long enough right now. Especially skiing with fast friends!

I thought I was looking at Yosemite, and so did my Tahoe friends, but it´s other domes.
IMG_3409.jpeg

Last edited:

eric100

Putting on skis
Skier
Does anyone have any thoughts as to what conditions and open terrain could be like on the last weekend of July? Are they usually at WROD on their last weeks of the season?

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The last time I was there in July (2017??) Broadway still had a thread/WROD for my first day but it went away by the second; everything else upper mountain was on, and they kept St Anton open all the way down to the base of ch 1
This far out it’s a little hard to guarantee anything but most of the (really) upper mountain should be well above WROD status

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Had another fun half day at Mammoth, this time with @LuliTheYounger.

We were excited that more lifts were running today, so we got to explore more of the mountain (we’ve only ever been here in late spring or early summer).

I had been eyeing chair 9 from below the mountain, so I was happy to see it running. We rode the lift with a guy who told us the snow to lookers’ left of the lift was “sublime,” but it really was pretty mushy. I’ll have to try it again with colder snow.

We also rode 14 and 12, both chairs we’d never been on before. Snow is good in some spots, not in others.
IMG_3412.jpeg
Off chair 9.

Popeye Cahn

Out on the slopes
Skier
I absolutely cannot get a break with planned trips to Mammoth this season... Leaving on Wednesday for a long weekend. First it was snow in January then March which scuttled plans to stay at Tamarack, now it's rain. Ugh, maybe the PM showers won't affect conditions terribly...

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I absolutely cannot get a break with planned trips to Mammoth this season... Leaving on Wednesday for a long weekend. First it was snow in January then March which scuttled plans to stay at Tamarack, now it's rain. Ugh, maybe the PM showers won't affect conditions terribly...
It rained here yesterday, and I thought conditions today were awesome. It got a little colder last night; I’m sure that helped. Today’s storm (at least in town) was more intense with hail. It will be interesting to see what snow conditions are tomorrow.
It looks like the overnight lows will be a bit cooler starting Wednesday, so that should help.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We are going to be up Thursday- Sunday. If any one is in town, send me a PM:wave:

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Proper rain wear comes in handy.
IMG_4889.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4889.jpeg
    IMG_4889.jpeg
    209.4 KB · Views: 21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online