• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Midwest 2022-2023 Midwest Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
I concur! Having worked there this season I skied more during the week, avoiding Saturdays like the plague.
Now I have a regular job and will unfortunately have to return to the weekend warrior crowd fighting routine .

I was at Troll 15 times this year and didn't ski a single Saturday. I don't think I have in 5+ years. Sunday's are usually much better overall.

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
What are everyone's thoughts on the new high speed at Lutsen on Eagle? I love that they're doing this, but man I'm sure they'll now raise ticket prices once again and also I'm going to miss the 10th mountain triple. I don't really like having to ski all the way to the bottom on Eagle as it seems kind of pointless with how little vert is below the main lodge and how boring/skied out the 2 runs that go all the way down are.

skiJ

Getting off the lift
Skier
What are everyone's thoughts on the new high speed at Lutsen on Eagle? I love that they're doing this, but man I'm sure they'll now raise ticket prices once again and also I'm going to miss the 10th mountain triple. I don't really like having to ski all the way to the bottom on Eagle as it seems kind of pointless with how little vert is below the main lodge and how boring/skied out the 2 runs that go all the way down are.
it is 'progress' -
The new lift is needed. The Eagle triple is well-worn ( and meaning old ) ; lift-riding time should be comparable, if the new lift loads relatively smoothly ( which it should most days, but there will be days and riders that it won't .

progress --

skiJ

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
it is 'progress' -
The new lift is needed. The Eagle triple is well-worn ( and meaning old ) ; lift-riding time should be comparable, if the new lift loads relatively smoothly ( which it should most days, but there will be days and riders that it won't .

progress --

skiJ

Yes they bought that triple used so it was likely very near the end of it's life. In essence they are replacing two lifts with 1, which makes sense economically. I do love 6 pack lifts, especially when riding as a group of 4 people! :roflmao:

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sad news about Papa Charlie's at Lutsen burning down. Great place to eat while skiing or see a show after the day is done. They'll rebuild it of course, but I can't see it getting done for this ski season upcoming. Perhaps they could? 5 months away...

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
Trollhaugen is nearly finished with their new lift. This lift will access an entirely new area for the ski hill, as well as remove a two rope that very people people, besides high school racing teams, ever utilized. This change will make Trollhaugen ~10% larger overall.

whitefeathers

Putting on skis
Skier
This lift will access an entirely new area for the ski hill, as well as remove a two rope that very people people, besides high school racing teams, ever utilized.
That double rope was exhausting. I'm glad it's gone.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
The 2023-2024 thread is up!

See it here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor