• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Midwest 2022-2023 Midwest Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Tea

The skier formerly known as Walt
Skier
Not that this is necessarily operative in Iowa, but the Detroit area has over a dozen of ski clubs that do trips. If you belong to any of them, you can join the trips of any of the others. Dues are pretty cheap, so if you find some club with an attractive trip, you can join (not necessarily that club) and go.

But I've always found that it was cheaper and more flexible to just do my own thing, so I've never been on one of those trips. This requires more research, planning, etc than just signing up for something that someone else has already figured out, so I understand the appeal. Maybe some day.

I'd say look into the local clubs and see what they have to offer.

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yeah here in MN the weather turns much colder starting 11/11. The guns will crank back up around then and places should be open 3-4 days later with at least 1 run.

Mister Tea

The skier formerly known as Walt
Skier
Looks like they won't make the 11th, but that night it's supposed to get down to 22F and not go above freezing for the next couple of days. Might have something open on Saturday or Sunday. We'll see.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Guns will start Saturday in most places. Maybe a few Friday night. Daytime temps will be ify, but nighttime should be good to produce a decent amount of snow in Wisconsin and U.P.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Up to 29 hills making snow tonight.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm hearing 14" of new snow in the Bessemer area of the U.P.

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
1" of nice fluff in the TC metro today and more coming tomorrow and Wednesday. No temps above 35 in the extended forecast. Hills are going to able to open a new run every other day with these cold temps and natural snow...

afski722

Getting off the lift
Skier
Most the places in Michigan Lower Penisula got in a snowmaking run over the weekend.
Up north resorts blew snow Sat & Sun nights and Holly, Pine Knob, Alpine got in a few hours last night.

With the 7-10 day it is looking pretty good that there will be skiing at a few places for Thanksgiving weekend.

I would not even be surprised is somebody gives in a go maybe this upcoming weekend, with the usual suspects who will open a run or two on 2-3 nights of snowmaking (e.g., Mt Holly, Pine Knob)

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
Looks like 2" more snow today in the TC metro after getting 3" yesterday. With the possibility of more on Wednesday morning and Thursday this could really help the local hills get some additional runs open more quickly. Wife and I spent some time outside last night and it was really quite lovely out.

I'm now officially ready for winter. Ski's will be on the rack tonight for their first tune of the season. Hopefully skiing Saturday and/or Sunday AM at Troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online