• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic 2022-2023 New York Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluemountain

Booting up
Skier
I did a few runs at Windham this morning before the r**n started (wouldn't have bothered except I have a Sun-Fri pass and had the day off). Low 40s, overcast, soft spring conditions, very limited terrain. The highlight may have been eating a chocolate waffle while being gently r**ned upon. My seasonal clinic starts next Tuesday, but I'm not sure what we'll be skiing on! Tomorrow is supposed to be in the mid 50s... :doh:

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
I did a few runs at Windham this morning before the r**n started (wouldn't have bothered except I have a Sun-Fri pass and had the day off). Low 40s, overcast, soft spring conditions, very limited terrain. The highlight may have been eating a chocolate waffle while being gently r**ned upon. My seasonal clinic starts next Tuesday, but I'm not sure what we'll be skiing on! Tomorrow is supposed to be in the mid 50s... :doh:
Weather looks good for Friday onward for snow making. I bet it'll be a good MLK.

RelaxedNinja

Booting up
Skier
Any of you ski at Belleayre or know groups that do? I'm a beginner, but a meetup could help motivate me to get out there and use the season pass.

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
I don’t know any beginners group but they run adult clinic every Saturday/Sunday morning between 9-11 for 10 weeks. I think it might be too late for you to join now. But something to think of next year. The program has very good ski instructors.

slow-line-fast

Out on the slopes
Inactive

justplanesteve

Getting off the lift
Skier
Nice!
My home mountain is Song, so went over to Lab all day to practice on Wednesday.
Snow off and on most of the day, sometimes heavy, but not to the extent you did.
Maybe a scant 1/2+" of pea size styrofoam balls on top of virgin corduroy, some places with another inch or 2 of overnight lake effect, so easy skiing.

Hope snow forecast for tonight materializes, and no rain....

TS
Jersey Skier

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Gonna be one hell of a drive.

Greetings from Plattekill Mtn!

We received 12″ + of NEW SNOW as of mid morning Tuesday…and WE’RE OPENING!!! “Powder Daize” Wednesday March 15 – 100% UNGROOMED POWDER! Up to 3 FEET is possible. Stay tuned for updates. Lifts spin 8:45am-4:15pm.
*** We will have LIMITED TICKETS FOR SALE FOR WEDNESDAY, SOLD ONLINE ONLY!!!

We will have our beginner trails off the Triple Chair groomed, however all other terrain will be completely ungroomed. Our Learning Center is closed.

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
Gonna be one hell of a drive.

Greetings from Plattekill Mtn!

We received 12″ + of NEW SNOW as of mid morning Tuesday…and WE’RE OPENING!!! “Powder Daize” Wednesday March 15 – 100% UNGROOMED POWDER! Up to 3 FEET is possible. Stay tuned for updates. Lifts spin 8:45am-4:15pm.
*** We will have LIMITED TICKETS FOR SALE FOR WEDNESDAY, SOLD ONLINE ONLY!!!

We will have our beginner trails off the Triple Chair groomed, however all other terrain will be completely ungroomed. Our Learning Center is closed.

Does the "No Friends on a Powder Day" rule extend to blowing off grandson-sitting duty?

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
He will understand when he’s older - well, he better.

TS
Jersey Skier

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Does the "No Friends on a Powder Day" rule extend to blowing off grandson-sitting duty?
I once had my son out on a powder day when he was 9 or 10. He was toast by lunch time. I mentioned this to my wife when we got home. She asked "So did you just leave him and go ski by yourself?" I said, "wait, that was an option?" I figured she'd kill me if I did that.

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
He will understand when he’s older - well, he better.

I once had my son out on a powder day when he was 9 or 10. He was toast by lunch time. I mentioned this to my wife when we got home. She asked "So did you just leave him and go ski by yourself?" I said, "wait, that was an option?" I figured she'd kill me if I did that.

He's only 5 months old, pretty sure he won't be traumatized. It's the wrath of the DIL I'm more concerned with; so far I've been able to keep on good terms with her.

Funny/sad thing is several days ago I was thinking of heading up to the Catskills. I may still try for Thursday and Friday, hope for some leftovers.

RelaxedNinja

Booting up
Skier
If anyone is hitting up Belleayre Wed (tomorrow) or Thurs, I hope to be up there too (coming from Bergen county). Would be nice to say hello in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online