• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2022-2023 Northeast Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The story I heard from Timmerman is that they've simply been worn down like beach stones from Kevin skiing them over and over during his multi decade tenure at Stowe.
OMG, post of the century!

The natural forces of erosion: wind, water and @KevinF. Some more destructive than others.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Goat, from the current signed top, is generally a bad idea. Goat is usually skied from the Haychute.

The original location of Goat (ie, heading towards Nosedive) is usually referred to as Pipeline or Old Goat.

Liftline has an “upper upper” section that’s open a fair amount and worth skiing on rare occasion. But it gets skied a fair amount.
If I go to Stowe and Goat is open, I am skiing the whole dang thing. I once made the mistake of ducking the rope. A bad idea turned into a good one when I bailed left to the woods high up. It was scary but an amazing powder run.

James

Out There
Instructor
Truck stuck in Smuggler’s Notch. He followed the gps, ignored signs and people waving him down.
I mean I thought they had commercial gps that tells you that stuff.

IMG_1112.jpeg
Anuez was fined $3,544.

Anuez’s incident continues a trend of Florida-based truck drivers contributing to most of the blocked Notch incidents. In the past 11 years, Sunshine State truckers have now been stuck 13 times and contributed the most to obstructing Vermont’s scenic byway.

James

Out There
Instructor
Reminds me of a the occasional big rig that gets stuck on the Merritt parkway in CT.
Speak of the devil…
IMG_1116.jpeg
Today. Another Florida truck driver! I mean it’s 2023, still relying on a phone??

“He told us he relied on Google maps on his cell phone,'' Westchester County police spokesman Kieran O'Leary said Thursday…

The trailer carried liquefied margarine, making extinguishing the blaze more difficult…
————-

That particular bridge gets hit one to two times a month. That’s just bad enough so they get stuck, probably grazes are much more.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
What is the Barker 6 at Sunday River lolling like? I hope they didn't smooth out the terrain too much.

MissySki

Rogue Assassin of Bad Puns.
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
What is the Barker 6 at Sunday River lolling like? I hope they didn't smooth out the terrain too much.
There are recent posts on the Sunday River Facebook page along with the Sunday River Enthusiasts group on Facebook. I don’t think they smoothed anything out, though Agony is certainly wider as expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.