• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2022-2023 Northeast Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Sunday River - White Cap Inn
Nice we’ve done that before for a cheap place close to the mtn. We frequently start at Whitecap. You can always get over to Barker easily although if you look for Locke to open your might get a run on fresh evening snow - if it’s still snowing. I think I saw some woods open at whitecap on the report today..

sparty

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sunday River seems to have some decent stuff open now. We will be at home for my daughter’s birthday with her friends :)
I think almost everything but a few liftlines and most glades is open at this point. They opened Last Tango and Blind Ambition today, and while I wasn't about to tempt fate on a new pair of skis, Blind Ambition looked like it could have been fun on someone else's skis.

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
Any idea if the Blind Ambition Glades are good to go ?
- Oh and I mean Snow Cap Inn of course.

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
NICE - you answered my question as I was typing it.
And I have a pair I was going to bring that are expendable.

James

Out There
Instructor
Probably 6 inches total heavy snow. Maybe a little more. Pretty crowded today.

Ummm, don’t expect some festival of powder tomorrow and bring like 110’s.
Hopefully, everything will be groomed out and worked in for preservation.
At least it’s pretty.

E117E236-B027-44CE-AB72-571B268C416B.jpeg

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Probably 6 inches total heavy snow. Maybe a little more. Pretty crowded today.

Ummm, don’t expect some festival of powder tomorrow and bring like 110’s.
Hopefully, everything will be groomed out and worked in for preservation.
At least it’s pretty.

View attachment 189848

Yeah, it was heavy. Fun for dragging around B-nets on Chief and Wardance today.

But it is SNOW and that's a good thing.

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
And hopefully Monday and Thursday will get us over the hump

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I feel so validated right now
Yeah. @dbostedo and I are a bit toasted. Like a dope, I took zero pictures. DB got some, I think. Free

Anyway it was crowded. Kids had the day off, apparently. Conditions, considering the promise
of the new snow, were surprisingly challenging. Stuff that looked soft wasn't, but stuff that looked like ice was exactly that.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Yeah. @dbostedo and I are a bit toasted. Like a dope, I took zero pictures. DB got some, I think. Free

Anyway it was crowded. Kids had the day off, apparently. Conditions, considering the promise
of the new snow, were surprisingly challenging. Stuff that looked soft wasn't, but stuff that looked like ice was exactly that.
But did you guys have fun?

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
But did you guys have fun?
Nope, not at all. I skied almost 25K vertical, and hated every foot of it. :ogbiggrin:

It was a lot of fun... skied a bunch of bumps/randomness/snow with grass sticking up... and skied most of the mountain. It was also tiring, as there was nothing smooth/relaxing... even the groomers were bumpy/push piles/icy/etc.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Nope, not at all. I skied almost 25K vertical, and hated every foot of it. :ogbiggrin:

It was a lot of fun... skied a bunch of bumps/randomness/snow with grass sticking up... and skied most of the mountain. It was also tiring, as there was nothing smooth/relaxing... even the groomers were bumpy/push piles/icy/etc.
We held in there until 2:30 and after a week of skiing our legs were cooked. Everything was soft bumps after the first hour but untracked powder was found at the end of the day on less popular runs along the edges. The free refills all day didn't hurt. Best day of the year (thanks to Taos ski week last year)!

AlanR

Still living in Needham
Skier
I'll be up skiing in the rain this weekend;) We'll be at Sugarbush Saturday and either K or Stratton on Sunday. Anyone else going to be around?
I'm daytripping to Killington tomorrow. Let me know if you end up there and maybe we can get a few runs together.

AngryAnalyst

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sorry if this has been talked to death in this thread already, but what’s up with Loon lately? Went for the first time this season today and, while it was better than many of the Saturdays last season, the lift lines were still longer than Cannon has been.

Is Loon always crowded on weekends? Is it about Ikon access?

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Is Loon always crowded on weekends?
I've heard for a few years from NH friends that Loon is always super crowded on Saturdays. I was there yesterday, and there was a gondi line all day, but we just about skied right on to all the others lifts.

This is also a particularly crowded Saturday, because of the new snow yesterday, and the pent up demand with the mediocre season so far. I was at Wildcat today and it was pretty crowded. 10-20 minute lift line at the main lift. But Loon was "sold out" per their website.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Had a good day at Bolton today. It was Saturday-after-fresh-snow crowded, but I’ll take the snow. Stowe tomorrow.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sorry if this has been talked to death in this thread already, but what’s up with Loon lately? Went for the first time this season today and, while it was better than many of the Saturdays last season, the lift lines were still longer than Cannon has been.

Is Loon always crowded on weekends? Is it about Ikon access?
I’ve always avoided Loon because of the crowds. It’s been like that since well before Ikon.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Crowds were insane at Okemo today. We arrived at 8:00 and had to park in the red lot. That’s never happened to me before.

Noah and I spent the morning skiing with @James and had a great time. Conditions were surprisingly good. We got a few runs in after lunch but the lines were too much so we stopped at 2:00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid