• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2022-2023 Northeast Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Biggest lines of the season in Stowe yesterday, not not today. Also I think 30% of the cars had tickets on them yesterday.
View attachment 190761
How’s the parking situation going? Assuming cars ticketed mentioned in ur post were ones who didn’t pay the 30.00? Is the system they are using with the “kiosks”, “codes”, “finding parking attendants to prove you have 4 people to give you a code” working?..lol. Is it easier than it seems? (last time I looked the website explanation isn’t really that clear?)

What do all your clients think?

I’ll finally be back up in 2 weeks…

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
Yesterday was epic crowds. Huge. Strangely, trails weren’t that bad if you stayed away from some areas.
We got like 14in of snow since last weekend, but it might have been worse. Because if the rain. At least woods opened up, but going off the skied area into crust is not recommended.
Complaints about the grooming. They seem to be leaving some trails ungroomed. Maybe because there are not enough operators. At least today some of the crust softened in spots. Yesterday-“I’ve never seen them open a trail in such bad shape” was the comment.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
How’s the parking situation going? Assuming cars ticketed mentioned in ur post were ones who didn’t pay the 30.00? Is the system they are using with the “kiosks”, “codes”, “finding parking attendants to prove you have 4 people to give you a code” working?..lol. Is it easier than it seems? (last time I looked the website explanation isn’t really that clear?)

What do all your clients think?

I’ll finally be back up in 2 weeks…
It's really good at making people angry. I don't really know how it is working though, did all those people try to pay? I don't know, Or were they willfully refusing to pay? I don't know.

Reactions: BC.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
After 2 days of hitting it hard and mixing things up we had a cruiser day. Only thing bumpy we skied was Murphy's Glades. We went to Lincoln Peak and just skied Super Bravo and Heaven's Gate and Valley House. Best snow was up top just cruised Jester a couple of times and it was silky smooth snow and not too crowded. Snowball and all that groomed stuff was excellent eastern hardpack today. Bumps were starting to look and feel little scratchy and more rocks etc. exposed.

We left around 1PM and got home about a half hour ago.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I skied Sugarbush Friday and it was in great shape as others have mentioned. On Saturday @MichaelV had an invitation to a private demo of Rnoun skis and was able to get me an invite. Mike has had the original model Z90 that came out ~ 8 years and got the new Endurance 88 model last year. Mike has been harping about these skis since I met him and I must admit that when he rattled off mumbo jumbo about the patented non-newtonian material I thought it was marketing speak.

I tried both the Atlas 80 and a prototype 88 which was actually the Endurance 88 with an extra layer of metal. Wow. amazing. So amazing that I am going to find a way to get myself a pair even though I'm not a gear head and already have several pairs of skis. Both pairs carved well even on ice and were so smooth going over all types of snow.

The owner of the company is in his 30s and a super cool guy. The anti vibration technology is also being used in basketball court floors and will likely be used in many other applications. We took a few runs with him and he bought us a beer and gave us a swag bag afterwards. Very cool experience.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Heard Magic was busy yesterday with lift lines but once you got on the hill it was fine. Bromley was crowded but not insanely so. We skied from around 1pm til maybe 2:30pm or so and had a blast. @KevinF and his friend Dave came to Bromley so we skied for a bit and had a lot of fun. Saturday was Michael's 2nd day on skis post ACL/Meniscus tear. Stocklis were the king of the mountain on both days. Kevin's friend didn't have Stocklis but we still let him ski with us :)

Magic was crowded for this morning for sunday but not bad. Lines on the red chair so I just lapped the green. I saw pictures of other places and was grateful we didn't have to deal wtih that craziness. Grateful we're in a ski area not a ski town, this definitely helps. Conditions were mostly soft packed powder at both places.

Last edited:

mulva28

Short Turns Enjoyer
Skier
I skied Sugarbush Friday and it was in great shape as others have mentioned. On Saturday @MichaelV had an invitation to a private demo of Rnoun skis and was able to get me an invite. Mike has had the original model Z90 that came out ~ 8 years and got the new Endurance 88 model last year. Mike has been harping about these skis since I met him and I must admit that when he rattled off mumbo jumbo about the patented non-newtonian material I thought it was marketing speak.

I tried both the Atlas 80 and a prototype 88 which was actually the Endurance 88 with an extra layer of metal. Wow. amazing. So amazing that I am going to find a way to get myself a pair even though I'm not a gear head and already have several pairs of skis. Both pairs carved well even on ice and were so smooth going over all types of snow.

The owner of the company is in his 30s and a super cool guy. The anti vibration technology is also being used in basketball court floors and will likely be used in many other applications. We took a few runs with him and he bought us a beer and gave us a swag bag afterwards. Very cool experience.
Sounds like Sugarbush held up a little better than Killington.
My Enforcer 88's probably have between 90 and 100 days on them and they look it. Great all-mountain, bump, and tree ski; but I don't want to get another pair because I want new, new skis when it comes time to replace. I'll have to seek out a demo of that Renoun prototype 88. The extra metal layer has me intrigued.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sounds like Sugarbush held up a little better than Killington.
My Enforcer 88's probably have between 90 and 100 days on them and they look it. Great all-mountain, bump, and tree ski; but I don't want to get another pair because I want new, new skis when it comes time to replace. I'll have to seek out a demo of that Renoun prototype 88. The extra metal layer has me intrigued.
Well the pair with the extra metal is a prototype and they didn't think there was an advantage so they will not manufacture them. I have enforcer 93s and liked them a lot until I tried the Renouns. I was skiing more confidently/aggressively on the Renouns and after getting back on my enforcers I noticed a huge difference. Too bad @Michalev did not try the prototypes since he has the production version and could have piped in on any differences.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Saddleback Sunday. Zero lines. Wild stormy weather. (Note hood and opaque sky.) They closed the Rangeley chair at about 2:00 but the t bar and Kennebago stayed open, supplying summit access

Coverage was great but surface was not the best off piste at first. It snowed lightly all day but really picked up at around noon. From 2:00 to closing there was enough fresh dense wind pack to make things truly sweet. By that time the place was practically empty.

IMG_20230129_145949800_HDR.jpg

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Skied Killington Sunday and got a lot of skiing in. We had no/short lines everywhere we went. Snow probably not as good as Sugarbush as there’s a noticeable crust in spots, but got to ski some fun terrain I rarely/have never been on before.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
There was an hour+ wait early at Castlerock. The 40 ish minute wait after 10 was much nicer.
That’s what keeps the snow so nice. Castlerock is nice but not worth that long of a wait. Maybe once a day. That’s why I prefer the 15 to 25 minute hike over. At least you can do something get a little exercise and take a photo or two.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We had about a half hour wait on Friday and when we got back it was down to a short maybe 10-minute line.

Mt. Ellen on Saturday was definitely the right move crowd/line wise and Lower FIS snow was wonderful because most are not willing to endure the xc run back to the base.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
What is that unskied snow like? Solid, crusty?
That’s what ours is.
Yes crusty and not worth skiing. It was better to jump turn into it than get a ski hooked. We stayed on the broken up stuff which was pretty ok and wide enough to move around a bit. My daughter ventured into some off Whitecap that wasn’t as broken up and said it was bad.

Most of the Iungroomed trails were broken up well and showing some wear. Like this. Others weren’t so bad Still a lot of fun for us
84415C7F-050E-4F8C-830E-9CAC1727E872.jpeg

Michael V

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Love that run.
If he's bored of Lixi's twist, then Spillsville usually has some nice big bumps-snow seems to stay better in there too. I'd take him on Paradise before Castle Rock. At least with Paradise you can end it before Lower Paradise and bail back to Ripcord.
Spillsville was fantastic on Friday. Big soft bumps, was best run the mountain. Middle earth was excellent as well, but later in the day it was showing its' "rocks". Got to Lixi late in the day, and it was holding up well, but was a bit skied off.

Michael V

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

@Phelmut, I've had you fooled all these years; I can't really ski that well.. It's Gotta To Be The Skis! #RENOUN

Status
Not open for further replies.