• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2022-2023 Northeast Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Stowe report for Monday. 5” or so overnight. Decent backup at the quad to start, but then the lift was basically ski on. First run was down Hayride which was a glacier underneath the new snow. Everything else was skiing nicely.

Traversed over to the gondola area from Nosedive before the Gondi started spinning so I had an empty trail beneath me that was velvety perfection.

Skied Chin Clip twice on my new rock skis. Bumps are nice but there’s some thin cover. Nosedive woods also took its toll in p-Tex.

Overall, a really good day. They finally turned the snow guns on on Liftline which meant the Haychute is closed which meant the rest of the Front Four still aren’t open. Maybe after the next storm.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Don't know what's going on in the rest of New England but here in coastal Maine we are slowly getting buried. Snowed all last night and all day. We're well over a foot at this point.

sparty

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sunday River is claiming 7" on the report, which tracks with what I just shoveled out of my dooryard. I'm approaching a foot of settled snow since Thursday; I expect woods are probably in play at this point so long as you keep your eyes open.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Don't know what's going on in the rest of New England but here in coastal Maine we are slowly getting buried. Snowed all last night and all day. We're well over a foot at this point.

The drive home from Stowe is taking forever. Driving into a pretty good storm.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Sunday River is claiming 7" on the report, which tracks with what I just shoveled out of my dooryard. I'm approaching a foot of settled snow since Thursday; I expect woods are probably in play at this point so long as you keep your eyes open.
Bracket Basin is open up north.

PMorenus

Booting up
Skier
Since I was just at Wildcat, I've had them in my OpenSnow list... and it looks like they were the winner overnight. They're reporting 10" overnight!! It was already in pretty nice shape from the last storm. Might be stellar today on a Monday powder day. And I'm back in Virginia at work. *sigh*

EDIT: Interesting list of today's "Global Deepest Reports" on OpenSnow:

View attachment 190110
Labrador seems kinda random compared to the other places in your list! Good to see that they have received some snow. There was a really sad video on Reddit from there in the last 10 days or so showing green grass under the chairlift.

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier

Down south (Maine) here we have maybe 2" of ice and ,maybe 3" snow...
Thursday's storm looks to be shaping up to be a dumper - up to 14" so they say now...
We'll see - I'm bringing the whole arsenal, and will rent some if the high end comes through.

Any suggestions for a ski that might work for 14" with maybe a topping of sleet/rain ? This will be uncharted territory for me.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
So Okemo ended up with around 9-10" out of the storm. It was too much to be able to run the traning gate SG sections on Chief (we tried to slip it off and a bunch of coaches - myself included - said it wasn't safe for running gates) so we did some instruction on course inspection for speed.

After that we broke camp and skied powder all afternoon. I was on a friend's J-Skis Metals and they were a ton of fun in the mostly-skied-out fresh. The one trail that was mostly untracked was Wardance which had a late rope drop and was 10" of fresh on a buffed under surface. It was smiles for miles.

SG races tomorrow on Chief. Should be good.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Down south (Maine) here we have maybe 2" of ice and ,maybe 3" snow...
Thursday's storm looks to be shaping up to be a dumper - up to 14" so they say now...
We'll see - I'm bringing the whole arsenal, and will rent some if the high end comes through.

Any suggestions for a ski that might work for 14" with maybe a topping of sleet/rain ? This will be uncharted territory for me.
I had some 95s in the two feet a month ago. A little more surfier might be a good time.

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
Something @96 - yeah. Liberty Origins caught my eye. And M Free 99's sound interesting.
I like surfy, at least in the ocean, but I don't have much experience in deeper snow.

sparty

Out on the slopes
Skier
Surfy sounds right. I'd go with something wide versus a mid-fat. If that forecast holds, I'll definitely be on the Bent Chet 120 Thursday rather than the 100. I'm pretty sure the Bent 100 would be more willing to drive through a layer of crap on top, but that also means it's going to take a lot more energy to control. The 120s should be able to surf even with relatively little speed, but if I still had a pair of Kuros, that would be something like the third day since I moved back to Maine I'd want them.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Trying to decide where to head this weekend. Sunday River, Sugarbush and Stowe are on the list, I think. Skiology is making heavy use of the word “mank” in their latest post, at least for tomorrow.

sparty

Out on the slopes
Skier
Trying to decide where to head this weekend. Sunday River, Sugarbush and Stowe are on the list, I think. Skiology is making heavy use of the word “mank” in their latest post, at least for tomorrow.
Sunday River has enough base that just about everything is in play right now, and most of it is open. After tomorrow, I'd expect coverage to be good wall to wall, but the actual surface may be on the firm side with a wet storm followed by a cool down.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
'saul goodman. Josh Fox (Single Chair Weather Blog) says this storm that the tonight and tomorrow storm will have a light and fluffy finish. He's actually been pretty accurate this season.

We are sticking with our plan and driving up to Sugarbush Thursday evening. Will be there Friday and Saturday and hit Killington in the way home Sunday.

Everyone or anyone skiing Sugarbush let's meet up at bottom of Castlerock at 11:00AM ( Friday and Saturday I will be there) and ski some bumpy and probably still a little thinly covered runs. It's been a long time since I have skied Rumble and I'm not getting any younger. Like to hit it this weekend. Love to have some company.

@Ogg , @Phelmut , @mikes781

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Sugarloaf is actually the right choice right now. Have you skied Bracket Basin before?

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sugarloaf is actually the right choice right now. Have you skied Bracket Basin before?
I haven't skied Sugarloaf at all, actually. Looking forward to the NE gathering to check that box. I did think about it for this weekend but it's a 4 1/2 hour drive each way and I'm not going up for the weekend.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I haven't skied Sugarloaf at all, actually. Looking forward to the NE gathering to check that box. I did think about it for this weekend but it's a 4 1/2 hour drive each way and I'm not going up for the weekend.
True Stowe is closer especially if you are a bit west.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor