• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pacific NW/AK/BC 2022-2023 PNW Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I kind of like the idea of three different days; that way people who can make all three get to see different areas and people who can only make one or two days can still join in the fun.

So, avoid President's Day weekend, or does that weekend make it more likely that people can attend?

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
Isn't being old and slow a requirement for being for being on this web site.
We've all done the prerequisites
Ski 101 brawn no brains
Ski 201 I can do that just watch me
Ski 301 maybe I'm not as good as it think

Upper level courses include
I've done that but not right now.
And the most popular
done it nothing new here.

Seriously meeting up with fellow skiers is usually better than the skiing.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
I kind of like the idea of three different days; that way people who can make all three get to see different areas and people who can only make one or two days can still join in the fun.

So, avoid President's Day weekend, or does that weekend make it more likely that people can attend?
For me, avoid weekends and holidays. Midweek please.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Mission will have lighting to the top of chair 2 this season.

:golfclap:

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Schedule is easy; throw a dart. CURRENT plan is to hang around Spokane region for the winter, but if somebody offers me enough money to go work a project somewhere I will be gone like wind in the night.

Compared to the West side even the Holidays are not that crowded. With any of the local areas once you clear the base lines and crowds are not much of an issue.
Lookout will get crowded early season since they are normally the 1st to open up but slack off a fair amount after that.
Silver gets crowded at the base to catch the gondi up. Weekends you want an early start there if you can.
Mt Spokane can get to be a bit of a zoo on weekends but not to the Cascade level of crazy.
49 has been well controlled by the parking lot, which has been expanded this summer. Rarely are there any lines there to speak of. They traditionally have been closed Wednesday and Thursday so you have to plan around that. This is where I would recommend for a weekend day.
Schweitzer holidays can get crowded at the base.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
49,mt spokake & silver are all easy drives from Spokane Wash. Lift ticket prices are very reasonable.

TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Silver and 49 are also on the Indy Pass.

TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
So a reminder, this thread is for all PNW info; if we develop a critical mass of interest in a mini Gathering we will likely create a separate thread for more info and planning specific to that event.

TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Also this year, Meadows which I think is now the busiest resort on the Indy.

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
These showed up in my inbox this morning. These are Eagle Peak, the new expansion at Lookout Pass.
It should be good fun.
I was just reading about that expansion project. Roughly doubling the acreage!

Ive driven by there hundreds of times but never skied there. How do you get back to the base or other lifts from the new area? This maybe the year I finally ski there!

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
I was just reading about that expansion project. Roughly doubling the acreage!

Ive driven by there hundreds of times but never skied there. How do you get back to the base or other lifts from the new area? This maybe the year I finally ski there!
On the new expansion, I'm not sure yet. There is an existing lift on the west? Of the Mountain; suspect both lifts will drain into that little valley.

Will be able to tell you more accurately after skiing it. Like all the areas on the East side Lookout pass is a great little sleeper and well worth a day of skiing.

TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
When I visited 2 seasons ago on my way to Big Sky and the last Jackson Gathering, some of the new trails were cut and they drain into the base of chair 2 (the “Montana side” chair).

TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
So, I was doing some loose planning, recalling my last visit to Lookout on the way to a Gathering.

I'm attending the SLC Gathering which starts 2/25 (with 2/25 being a travel day for me to arrive in Sandy, UT). And I'm planning a Red Mt trip as well. So if I string them all together, it would look something like this (with proposed PNW Gathering days in bold):

Friday 2/17-Sunday 2/19 at Red Mt.

Monday 2/20 (President's Day) at 49 N
Tuesday 2/21 Silver Mt
Wednesday 2/22 Lookout Pass.

From Lookout I would drive to Missoula, and maybe ski a day at Lost Trail on Thursday 2/23, and from there drive to Eden UT for a couple of days at Snowbasin/Powder MT before the SLC Gathering.

I realize the timing is around my road trip idea and may not work for everyone. Any thoughts?

If there's some consensus I can start a PNW Gathering thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online