• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pacific NW/AK/BC 2022-2023 PNW Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
I guess that would be steep enough if you’re a truck driver headed downgrade with a tandem load of logs. I wish that I would have brought touring gear. Although, maybe it’s windy above Palmer today. Looks nice up there.
Your not wrong about the truck on a 16° grade. Speaking from experience.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
I guess that would be steep enough if you’re a truck driver headed downgrade with a tandem load of logs. I wish that I would have brought touring gear. Although, maybe it’s windy above Palmer today. Looks nice up there.

The main face is a bit steeper. Its often very firm in the mornings during spring/summer.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
I like your post but don't like Baker's season is ending so early.
Come on up Blackcomb is running to third week of May. If you come before I leave early May pm me and maybe we can catch a few runs together?
Skiing here is fabulous right now.

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I like your post but don't like Baker's season is ending so early.
Come on up Blackcomb is running to third week of May. If you come before I leave early May pm me and maybe we can catch a few runs together?
Skiing here is fabulous right now.
We are going to shoot for it. Got a couple days left on our edge cards. Thanks for the invite!

Last edited:

slowrider

Trencher
Skier

Even_Stevens

Getting off the lift
Skier
Up at Baker for the 2nd to last day of the 22/23 season.

Conditions were full on spring snow. Got some good runs off Chair 5 and the 3/4 combo.

Test drove some Dynastar M-Free 108s in 182 cm length. Although not ideal conditions for the big Dynastars I was impressed by how quick edge to edge they were on groomed runs and were decent in chopped up heavy spring mush. I only wish I was trying them out in proper powder at Baker (or Eaglecrest), but that’ll have to wait for next season. My Ripstick 96s did ski better in the conditions but I’m not surprised.

Got them for a pretty good late season deal. Bindings will be mounted up tomorrow.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
Days 63 and 64 of the ski season. Winding down soon.

Saturday we were at Mt Hood Meadows where new snow was warmed up and became a soft wet sticky mess. The groom was skiable, but tiring and slow. Luckily Alex and Lisa Chewning joined Scott Chewning, Archer, Hunter, and I for a great family ski day.

Sunday it was raining, hard at times, and windy at Timberline Lodge. Alex and Lisa Chewning decided they'd rather drive home to LaGrande than do a dripping wet ski day. Scott Chewning, Archer, Hunter, and I went to Timberline to play in the rain. The snow surface was rain drenched groom which was actually very nice to ski on, better than Saturday's snow. We left early, soaking wet.

All pictures from Saturday. Sunday was not a day to get the camera out.

0422231015b_HDR.jpg

0422231313a_HDR.jpg

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

Olesya C

Always learning
Skier
Wow... that's quite a pond, and quite a crowd... bigger than most pond skims I've seen. @Olesya C was there recently, but I don't know if she would have caught that.
Yes, I was there, and I saw it, though kind from far away. He is amazing! He went first and he won pond skim in the 2 previous years as I have been told by a local long-term instructor from Alyeska.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
49* North is still running 11' base at the top and it looks soo good.
These one and done seasons really do suck, but there will be another season.

Here is the left 1/2 of what I am missing today.
344091474_766842311678552_9139040273538305809_n.jpg

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
Absolutely beautiful day at Blackcomb yesterday. Full sun, lovely spring conditions, skiing was fabulous.
However I've decided to end my season on that high note.
Off to Europe in less than a week and there are a few things at home needing attention.

For some decent spring skiing in this region, Blackcomb runs to May 24 weekend,
Whistler is closed. Currently being prepped for the larger bike season, that starts the same weekend.
Peak to Peak also reopens same weekend, along with the skybridge.

Mid hill and alpine coverage is very good, skiable to valley right now, a few brown patches appearing on last pitch.
This time of year empty chairs often outnumber the loaded ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online