• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pacific NW/AK/BC 2022-2023 PNW Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
Bonus end-of-season ski day 67 at Timberline Lodge on May 24th. I thought I was finished at day 66, but the lure of the opening of the Palmer lift (the summer ski lift) brought me back for one last day this season. And it was just like summer skiing. Icy in the morning and slushy in the afternoon. A great reminder of why I enjoy winter skiing instead of summer skiing. I shall return next season!

0524230833.jpg

0524230832_HDR.jpg

0524230832b_HDR.jpg

charlier

Fresh Tracks
Skier
I am planning a visit to Timberline (Mt Hood) for s 3 day ski camp in mid-June. looking forward to demoing a few slalom and or short radius all-mountain skis. Since the hotels seems pricey, does anyone have suggestions for nearby camping that might have access to hot showers.

TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I am planning a visit to Timberline (Mt Hood) for s 3 day ski camp in mid-June. looking forward to demoing a few slalom and or short radius all-mountain skis. Since the hotels seems pricey, does anyone have suggestions for nearby camping that might have access to hot showers.
I tend to stay in Hood River rather than Government Camp, it's a gorgeous drive, about an hour to Timberline.

TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Westcliff Lodge, BW Plus, Columbia Gorge Hotel, whatever you can find a reasonable deal on. There’s several nice B & B -type inns as well.

Inn of the White Salmon, though that’s across the bridge in White Salmon.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier

Toll Bridge Park (Parkdale, OR)​

A very nice campground which is just south of Hood River. Showers, quiet, near river. Just a great campground. For RV or tent.

There are several campground surrounding Timothy Lake (S of Mt Hood) that I camped at years ago. But I don't know if those campgrounds have showers.

Last edited:

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Timberline was empty and excellent today. Entire skiers left of palmer chair face was groomed. You could have done SG garlands! :D

charlier

Fresh Tracks
Skier
Any suggestions for purchasing lift tickets at Timberline. Best on-limemmand does anyone have suggestions for discounted tickets. I will try to demo a few SL skis, before I purchase Head e-Rally skis for my groomer skis at Red Mountain. And my Atomic professional boots are ready for the snow. Although, @onenerdykid suggested that I stay with my standard size alpine boot, I purchased a smaller size. I expanded the toe area a bit and will see how this all works out.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
Any suggestions for purchasing lift tickets at Timberline. Best on-limemmand does anyone have suggestions for discounted tickets. I will try to demo a few SL skis, before I purchase Head e-Rally skis for my groomer skis at Red Mountain. And my Atomic professional boots are ready for the snow. Although, @onenerdykid suggested that I stay with my standard size alpine boot, I purchased a smaller size. I expanded the toe area a bit and will see how this all works out.
There're no discount tickets. No Vets, no senior. $100 at the door.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
I was hoping that ticket pricing had changed. I wanted a few days of skiing demos and avoiding my worn out skins. Thread drift - I wonder what ski brands offer demos at Govy?
I was planning on going but I can use $100 on other activities. Can't help you on the Demo end. Enjoy Mt. Hood

charlier

Fresh Tracks
Skier
@Mt Hood. Day 1 ski touring and Day 2 demo Head FIS SL ski. Will also try Stöckli and Fisher SL skis. I am not sure that demoing these skis will help me decide on a future on-piste ski for firm conditions in Canada.

. IMG_7537.jpeg

cloudofsparrows

Putting on skis
Skier
If anyone is still reading this thread, I'd love to get a good recommendation on where is a good place in the Seattle area to show for ski boots / find a good boot fitter. My husband needs new boots and has not been happy with his current pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid