• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic 2022-2023 Poconos and Greater Area Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willyum215

Col. Mustard
Skier
Greetings all! I hope everyone had a great offseason!
The new season is quickly approaching, so it's time to start up a new thread.
How's everyone feeling? What pass(es) and/or gear are you buying? Any trips planned?
Feel free to get the chatter going... :cool:

Reactions: BC.

Shawn

Beep beep
Skier
-I'll be at Blue a lot with the pass.

-My dad got a senior pass at Blue so I'll be meeting him there on some weekends. I bought him new skis (his first in 20 years!). He'll ski every morning at Montage— a few hours and then back home. Living his retirement best life.

-Looking forward to the new six-seater lift at Blue. I hope they open at least two of the three high-speed lifts on weeknights. Last year they tended to run one of the existing two on weeknights.

-No big plans yet. Killington at least.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Another season, another Camelback Pass. If I keep my current work schedule I may have the opportunity to ski quite a bit midweek mornings. Ikon pass as well for Colorado//Utah trips. Friends have a house at Killington so I'm sure I will make it there and I would love to get to Loon for a weekend too but that's not a sure thing. 2 or 3 trips to Colorado and Utah. Also get a Granby Ranch pass with our condo there, however the unit is rented through the season this year. Will ski The Ranch for a day or two just to check in.
IMG_2072.JPG
Stoked as always for some fun days in the Pocono's (the back yard)

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Blue Mountain Pass holder and will be there once week. Usually do a quick morning session on the weekend before the crowds pickup and occasionally during the week. Have a pair of trips setup to Killington in December and February. Also got an IKON pass this year so I may squeeze another weekend up north. Am going to do my first trip out West the first week of March. Have a friend that lives in Boulder and we are probably going to hit Winter Park and Steamboat for a few days.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Willyum215 we'll see at Elk again this year/as many times as we can w/ snow days....

Shop pass- Elk, Montage
Epic Local pass- Hunter, Stowe, Okemo, Park City, Snowbasin
Friend Comps- Sugarbush, Killington

TS
Willyum215

Willyum215

Col. Mustard
Skier
I guess I should answer my own questions, huh?

I'll be getting an Elk Mountain pass again this year, although work has required me to spend more time in Philly and less in Union Dale recently, unfortunately.
Hoping things will settle down during the ski season so I can spend the majority of the winter months up north again.

I'm sticking with the tried and true, old trusty equipment and gear again this year. I have a special bond with my 177 Latigos, just ask @BC. :ogbiggrin:
I have a pair of Liberty Evolv90s in 179 w/ Attack 13s that I never really seemed to click with that I might try to sell locally and replace with something else in that 85-90 range for when we get more than a few inches or to travel with. The Evolvs just felt too heavy and damp for me (I'm 5'11", 140 lbs), so If anyone is interested please feel free to DM me - they have all of like 8 days on them, tops, and I'd be willing to let them go at more than a fair price.

My wife has a friend that moved out to the CO front range area that we may try to visit this year, and a few of my friends would like to return to VT, but nothing is set in stone in terms of trips yet.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a pass at Blue again this year, and will be there 2-3x a week, mostly on weekday mornings.

I would like to ski a few times at Montage with @Olesya C and @tinymoose , but don’t have a pass. If anyone has a line on discounted tickets anywhere, PM me.

I have an IKON pass and will be using it at the SkiTalk UT gathering in Feburary-March. No other plans as of yet. We have a lot of plans/changes coming up and are not sure exactly what this winter will bring. ;)

Last edited:

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ll be at Greek again and possibly Elk if they are doing night skiing. Already have Greek pass and will pony up for a night at Elk. Will see what they are offering when envelope arrives.

Olesya C

Always learning
Skier
Greeks fun when they are fully open, gotta watch the weather because it changes fast. Late January early Feb is best bet.
Such a fun mountain - there are glade skiing when there is enough snow. If there is a big snow day I will come visit Greek Peak with @ADKmel They also had a Stockli demo in March, which was so much fun, but I now own Stockli because of that demo lol

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
Season pass to Blue was bought at end of last season. I'll be a morning mid-seeker, my Jersey Shore commute is now 3 hrs one way. Let's me try to lure @Roby lukens into commenting. Roby is a SL ski carver who attracts a bunch of regulars on mid-week mornings. Spend a few mornings with him, and, you will never ski by yourself again.
My main issue with Blue early in the season has been the limited skiing off the now demolished Main St. chairs. It let Blue open early with limited terrain, the new high-speed goes to the bottom and more terrain will be needed to open. Warm Decembers have been a problem, usually Blue does not get interesting until a cold January sets in and open the Valley lifts.

Wendy

Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Season pass to Blue was bought at end of last season. I'll be a morning mid-seeker, my Jersey Shore commute is now 3 hrs one way. Let's me try to lure @Roby lukens into commenting. Roby is a SL ski carver who attracts a bunch of regulars on mid-week mornings. Spend a few mornings with him, and, you will never ski by yourself again.
My main issue with Blue early in the season has been the limited skiing off the now demolished Main St. chairs. It let Blue open early with limited terrain, the new high-speed goes to the bottom and more terrain will be needed to open. Warm Decembers have been a problem, usually Blue does not get interesting until a cold January sets in and open the Valley lifts.
I’m gonna have to look for you guys up there!

I agree, the changes this year will be interesting. I’m hoping somebody thought about those issues you cite and thought of something we didn’t to solve the problem! :crossfingers:

Roby lukens

Putting on skis
Skier
Yes I will be at Blue 2-3 times a week mid-week. Would love to meet up with any ski talkers when I 'm there. Hopefully Blue has done some trail work to accommodate the extra traffic coming over to the new chair. Remains to be seen if everybody who used to park up top moves down to the valley. Lots of unknowns heading into the new season but I'm looking forward to it.

Wendy

Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes I will be at Blue 2-3 times a week mid-week. Would love to meet up with any ski talkers when I 'm there. Hopefully Blue has done some trail work to accommodate the extra traffic coming over to the new chair. Remains to be seen if everybody who used to park up top moves down to the valley. Lots of unknowns heading into the new season but I'm looking forward to it.
This makes me think: What about those skiers who prefer to warm up (or remain on)
Vista? (That’s not an option now is it? (Same with Main Street laps). I can‘t imagine funneling green circle skiers all down Burma Road!!

Somebody did consider all this, right? Right????

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You can still lap vista not that I’d want to drive any distance just to do that. :D There’s the slow double that starts at the bottom of Vista. They are going need to blow all the way to the base to get the new 6 open early. Either get coverage on Shuttle and Terrain Run or maybe connect the bottom of Main to Valley School by the patrol building.

I always like lapping Switchback, Main and Nightmare to Main when the 6 was crowded ealry and before the two doubles started to back up. I’m hoping Switchback doesn’t turn into another Lazy Mile circus. :roflmao:

Roby lukens

Putting on skis
Skier
This makes me think: What about those skiers who prefer to warm up (or remain on)
Vista? (That’s not an option now is it? (Same with Main Street laps). I can‘t imagine funneling green circle skiers all down Burma Road!!

Somebody did consider all this, right? Right????
I don’t think they removed the vista chair did they? When i first heard about all this, i heard they were going to remove it but i think it is till there.

Roby lukens

Putting on skis
Skier
I don’t think they removed the vista chair did they? When i first heard about all this, i heard they were going to remove it but i think it is till there.
Yep. I just checked the web cam and the bottom of that chair is still there, at least for now. Frankly, you could probably walk back up to the top of vista as fast as it takes the chair to get there.

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I don’t think Vista is going anywhere soon and if it did it would need to be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor