• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic 2022-2023 Poconos and Greater Area Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn

Beep beep
Skier
Thanks guys! A lot to think about.

-Blue will give you until March 15th to renew and get the $50 gift card

-I think what I'm going to do is skip the pass for next season and wait until next February to get a pass for the '24-25 season (which will include the end of the '23-24 season). Fortunately, we will have some help by then; my MIL from overseas is coming to live with us to help with the baby. That process should be complete by then.

-Looking forward to getting the little one on skis in a few years

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
-Got my pass renewal email this morning for Blue. Prices went up, again, to $675 (up $25 from last year). You get a $50 gift card for renewing.
I think a season pass at Blue for net price of $625 (after gift card value) is a fair price. Don't have to ski many days to cover the costs.
As a Blue pass holder for many years, I do have the discounted senior pass, but, have not used it this year. I kept waiting for an extended cold period to permit Blue to blow snow so that the normal hard fast conditions came to be. Not a fan of pushing piles of loose snow around. Also, my trip there is now 3 hours one way, so, not sure I will get to ski this season. I try to get there at opening, skiing on refrozen crud is not my idea of worthwhile.
Yesterday, I spoke with @Roby lukens, who is a mid-week morning regular and great guy to ski with. He had been one the injured list for 3 weeks, he went yesterday (Wednesday) to test his recovery. Good news is his leg is fine. Bad news is, when asked how conditions were, he replied "It's like having one eye in land of the unsighted, at least I was on skis". There is a forecast for colder temps in March, so, still a shot that I may make a day or 2.

BaysideSkier

mike
Skier
PSA if anyone is trying to reload Camelback season passes for 23/24 the site is having issues with the WTP#. You will get an invalid pass ticket number error. IT is working on it. Only took 4 phone calls and multiple holds to get to someone who knew what was going on

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
PSA if anyone is trying to reload Camelback season passes for 23/24 the site is having issues with the WTP#. You will get an invalid pass ticket number error. IT is working on it. Only took 4 phone calls and multiple holds to get to someone who knew what was going on
Thanks for the FYI. I'll get it done this week. Pleased with the renewal price.

Just need to make it to March 15th CBK.:crossfingers:

BaysideSkier

mike
Skier
@4aprice The site is working now. I just reloaded our season passes with the discount

The bride and I skied CBK yesterday morning until 1:00. Overall conditions were good. Was less crowded in the morning than I anticipated. Started to get crowded around 12:00 or so.

kitchener

Still At Large
Skier
They sure changed a lot in a week -- I couldn't believe the table tops they added to Rhodo inbetween the last two Sundays. Thing One and Thing Two were regretful they didn't join the old man this past weekend, and now, it's toooooo late. Next stop, Mount Bachelor.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Looks like today was my last weekday morning 15 run day as next week Camelback is switching operating hours to a 10 am opening which doesn't work for me. 2 more possible days over the weekend depending on weather. I am a week out from heading out Colorado anyways.

The morning 15 consisted of 10 groomers and 5 of these:

IMG_3755.JPG

Pretty good workout for the legs getting ready for the trip.

At 30 days for the Pocono's the weekend will make it 32 if it happens. Rough sledding for the mountain but they got through what I call the Pocono Prime Season of December 15th - March 15th. 1st year in my season pass days they did not get the entire mountain open but I thought they did a great job of keeping it going and today was one of the top 5 of the season. Thank you Camelback. I renewed my pass as I left the mountain today.

BaysideSkier

mike
Skier
Looks like today was my last weekday morning 15 run day as next week Camelback is switching operating hours to a 10 am opening which doesn't work for me. 2 more possible days over the weekend depending on weather. I am a week out from heading out Colorado anyways.

The morning 15 consisted of 10 groomers and 5 of these:

View attachment 195942

Pretty good workout for the legs getting ready for the trip.

At 30 days for the Pocono's the weekend will make it 32 if it happens. Rough sledding for the mountain but they got through what I call the Pocono Prime Season of December 15th - March 15th. 1st year in my season pass days they did not get the entire mountain open but I thought they did a great job of keeping it going and today was one of the top 5 of the season. Thank you Camelback. I renewed my pass as I left the mountain today.

I just left Camelback. Today was a great day to be there. I agree I think they did a great job this season especially given the conditions.

Thanks for the info in the change of hours. I didn’t get an email or see it the website

SCWVA

Spent a little time on the mountain
Skier
Which Poconos ski area has the best terrain and will be open on Tuesday?

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
If the weather forecast holds there maybe plenty of skiing in the Pocono's by Tuesday. I can only tell you that Camelback will have open what they currently have open but skiing won't open till 10 am. They got about 6 yesterday and this storm could produce a lot more. Plenty of man made base on what's open and more natural will only make the surfaces better. Elk could really make out in this next one. Catskill's look like the real jack pot.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
If the weather forecast holds there maybe plenty of skiing in the Pocono's by Tuesday.
- Elk could really make out in this next one.

and they did:

IMG_6074.jpeg

IMG_6090.jpeg
IMG_6091.jpeg

I haven't been there since 2018. Was happy to see that the first parking lot access gate for ski on to the quad lift was open thanks to a ticket Kiosk installed by the quad

TS
Willyum215

Willyum215

Col. Mustard
Skier
Closing weekend at Elk is quickly approaching. The weather doesn't look ideal, but I'm still looking to get it in as much as possible.
Shooting for 30 days if all goes to plan. Not too shabby, considering how crazy my work schedule was during this season.
Is anyone else trying to get a last weekend in across the region?

Status
Not open for further replies.