• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic 2022-2023 Poconos and Greater Area Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn

Beep beep
Skier
Tough week weather wise. Was just looking at the trail cams at Blue and Main Street is looking rough in spots. Good news is it looks like there might be better snow making conditions coming next week and the new lift is spinning.
Yeah it's looking good soon.

Screenshot 2023-01-05 at 10.51.51 AM.png

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m think that they will need to spend a few days touching and hopefully be able to get to some new terrain soon… Switchback, Sidewinder and Challenge.

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
New lift at Blue is supposed to go live on Saturday. With the weather Thursday/Friday and cold coming back in Saturday, I think I’m going to get out there Sunday morning.

kitchener

Still At Large
Skier
Any snow making reports for Camelback from the past few days? Website shows the same (very few) trails open from this past weekend. I'm hoping they're just keeping skiers off and plan to open a bunch more by the weekend...?

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Any snow making reports for Camelback from the past few days? Website shows the same (very few) trails open from this past weekend. I'm hoping they're just keeping skiers off and plan to open a bunch more by the weekend...?
I just got home from skiing this morning. What they had open is what they have open. They made some snow on Pharoah last night but it has not been cold enough (or proper wet bulb) to do much. That said skiing was ok today. The machine working of the snow is a lot better now then it used to be and while there are patches of "Pocono Pavement" around there are sections of nice snow around too. There's just not much they can do till it gets cold.

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Fyi if anyone gets an email from Blue about an upcoming lesson that you didn’t schedule, it’s a glitch. Got one this afternoon and went to their chat so that I wouldn’t leave an instructor hangin. Seems a bunch went out by mistake.

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm passing on skiing this weekend. Too limited and I would imagine very solid with the rain/freeze plus holiday business. Back at it next week.
I was thinking the same thing and itching for more terrain but skipped last weekend. I’m going to get a few hours in tomorrow morning and bail once it gets crowded. Been tough so far.

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Skied Blue for a few hours this morning. Paradise was in rough shape, rock solid with ruts and cookies on the top half and sugar snow on the bottom. Lazy was a little bit better. Lapped Main St and Widowmaker/Chute/Midway several times and that area was better. Tried to get a run on Razors but it was closed for the race teams.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
At Montage…full on snowmaking assault this weekend…impressive snow cloud this am.

As bad as things have been here in NEPA…conditions at Montage this am were very good. Snowmaking at its best….very good surface on the North Face trails.

Last edited:

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was thinking the same thing and itching for more terrain but skipped last weekend. I’m going to get a few hours in tomorrow morning and bail once it gets crowded. Been tough so far.
I've been out only twice this season and right now I'm in a snowless part of Europe, so I suppose I'm not missing much back home. Hoping that after next weekend things improve a bit.

I paired down my skis to two pairs of alpine and my tele pair, and have no "rock" skis, and wouldn't sacrifice what I have to that brown crap on that one pic above.

It may be one of those years where I show up for the Gathering with not a lot of days under my belt. :huh:

Last edited:

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m pretty sure I know the answer to this already but does anyone know how Elk and Montage are looking? My youngest has a softball tournament (indoors) Sunday in the Scranton area. Not sure if me or my wife is taking her yet, but if it ends up me we talked about heading up early Saturday morning and hitting one of those two places.

TS
Willyum215

Willyum215

Col. Mustard
Skier
I’m pretty sure I know the answer to this already but does anyone know how Elk and Montage are looking? My youngest has a softball tournament (indoors) Sunday in the Scranton area. Not sure if me or my wife is taking her yet, but if it ends up me we talked about heading up early Saturday morning and hitting one of those two places.
I took a few days off to ski Elk, will be there tomorrow, Friday, and Saturday - rain dependent. I'll report back for you.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
For what it is had a fairly nice morning workout this morning at CBK. What's down is holding up ok and the surface was a nice applesauce. CBK is modeling a new earthy toned snow lol.
View attachment 189513

It actually skied quite nicely.:ogbiggrin:
Eastern Portugal got some snow last night; I swear there's more snow here than at CBK or anywhere in the Poconos. That's not saying much!!

I'm hoping the weather back home turns around. I'm kind of regretting my season pass purchase.

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Eastern Portugal got some snow last night; I swear there's more snow here than at CBK or anywhere in the Poconos. That's not saying much!!

I'm hoping the weather back home turns around. I'm kind of regretting my season pass purchase.
I have about 5 or 6 days on my Blue pass so far, so I’m at least close to breaking even. Hoping for February to turn it around. It at least forces me to ski a few times a month and all I’m out for is a few hours of driving and gas/tolls. :roflmao:

I’m heading back up to Killington in two weeks and I’m wondering if there will be more open than when I was there in December after the storm.

Shawn

Beep beep
Skier
I'm kind of regretting my season pass purchase.
I'm reconsidering mine next year for Blue. We have a baby on the way, so I'm not sure when I'll get time to go. It's a chore to get here with a 1.25 hr commute each way. Big time commitment even for a short session. My MIL lives overseas; we're in the process of getting her a green card to live here with us and help with the baby. If that comes through in time it will definitely help my ski season :ogbiggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor