• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado 2022/2023 Steamboat Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlainsSkier

Out on the slopes
Skier
1675471867246.png
Made it into Steamboat last night, the mountain is obviously in amazing condition. Skied the Shadows and Closets once the sun softened everything up for the first time, probably my favorite glade runs anywhere. 1675471828427.png

Pretty busy day as well, one advantage of being a single I guess is getting through the lift lines quickly. Thinking about trying to ski the chutes tomorrow if my legs can hold up, probably close to 100k of vert in the past three days and I hit it pretty hard today.
1675471984765.png

Last edited by a moderator:

PlainsSkier

Out on the slopes
Skier
Four days at Steamboat, ending with a powder day. Not sure I could have asked for much more, today was great with well over a foot of snow in spots on the mountain. Had a ton of fun in the trees, lapping shadows and closets. steamboat7.jpg steamboat10.jpg

I also decided to hike up to North St Pats and East Face. The powder was deep there, well over a foot. I did the hike three times, after that my legs were toast. Crowds were also way down today, visibility likley played a part in that. Pretty much no wait at Morningside, which was a surprise. Demoed a pair of Bent Chetler 100s for the day since I only had my Faction CT 1.0s with me, was really impressed with how nimble it was in the trees.

msr2009

Booting up
Skier
In Steamboat for about a week, and my wife is a birder. Does Stramboat have any hidden bird feeders like they have at Alta? Or any good birding on skis spots?

Tiki

The Pirate’s Daughter
Skier
Had to sadly postpone our first trip to Steamboat. Flight cancellation outbound with a sudden family emergency combo. Enjoying the posts and pictures though and hope to get out there next season.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
In Steamboat for about a week, and my wife is a birder. Does Stramboat have any hidden bird feeders like they have at Alta? Or any good birding on skis spots?
@msr2009 , wish I could help but only noticed birds on morningside lift, if coaxed with bread or such, but technically one shouldn't feed em.

Kids and spouse forced me to hit just over 19K vertical today, highest on our trip yet. Somewhat toasted but the 8" or so of powder today at top was very calming and forgiving verses more tracked of 2 days prior.

Super time this week so far.

Here too until Saturday!

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Jwrags

out and about the last 3 days at the boat with family but I would think meet up possible.

PM me if you wish

Dean

Lawn chair sledder extraordinaire
Skier
Planning to ski Wed- fri (22nd - 24th) this week. If anyone had similar plans and want to meet up, give a holler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online