Palisades posted an update on their progress:
Our teams are hard at work on the Base to Base Gondola, the new Red Dog high speed 6-person lift, and a few other summer projects in preparation for the 2022/23 season. Here's a peek behind the construction tape!
• Concrete footings were just poured last week for the Base to Base terminal on the Palisades side.
• A lot of work is underway at the Alpine Base. Concrete was poured on the main floor of what will be the new gondola maintenance building, and the last section of the retaining wall between the Base to Base and Treeline Cirque was poured. Efforts to ensure the breezeway ramp that provides access to the restrooms is ADA compliant are also underway.
• At the Alpine Midstation, crews continue to weld the massive steel columns/beams that will make the terminal enclosure, and formation of the concrete wall on the West (uphill) side has just begun.
• At the bottom of the new Red Dog lift, a concrete pad for the loading platform will be built later this summer.
• The Chalet at Alpine is getting a new deck. We can't wait to break it in with a cold one this winter!"