• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2022-2023 Tahoe Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neurodrive

Getting on the lift
Skier
Conditions are looking beautiful out there right now. I have a place I can stay at in Truckee over the weekend of the June 2-4th. Does it seem like the conditions will still be good and worth a flight out, or is it still too early to tell? It looks like it will only be Alpine Meadows open at that time.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Was considering going to Pally this weekend for West Face but....had such a blast on high-traverse these past few days... hmmm choices. We like bumps but its hard to see how the bumps are looking like on Mosely and 75

So, Mosely was really easy bumps. 75 was more challenging, since ot's narrow an bumps get higher. Entry from the top was easy on the right hand side, close to the trees.

But also Tamara's was great, I went after the beer. Pic below ... :yahoo:

Conditions are looking beautiful out there right now. I have a place I can stay at in Truckee over the weekend of the June 2-4th. Does it seem like the conditions will still be good and worth a flight out, or is it still too early to tell? It looks like it will only be Alpine Meadows open at that time.

I would say this: there will be snow, and it will be the best early June in a long time.

:micdrop:

Ok, some pics of Tamara's for @SpeedyKevin

PXL_20230519_203500338.jpg
PXL_20230519_204158493.jpg
Very crowded :D

Actually, this might be a good spot if you come over the weekend , most people exit the chair right because you can lap immediately ... But this is nice because you avoid the sticky mountain run. Hope this helps!

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Tahoe was great today. Oh, wait...Yeah, there're photos in the fishing thread too! But I could SEE ski areas so it kinda counts. 20230519_093453.jpg 20230519_135304.jpg 20230519_135254.jpg 20230519_094416.jpg 20230519_134826.jpg

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier
So, Mosely was really easy bumps. 75 was more challenging, since ot's narrow an bumps get higher. Entry from the top was easy on the right hand side, close to the trees.

But also Tamara's was great, I went after the beer. Pic below ... :yahoo:

I would say this: there will be snow, and it will be the best early June in a long time.

:micdrop:

Ok, some pics of Tamara's for @SpeedyKevin

View attachment 203903
View attachment 203904
Very crowded :D

Actually, this might be a good spot if you come over the weekend , most people exit the chair right because you can lap immediately ... But this is nice because you avoid the sticky mountain run. Hope this helps!
Looks like I'll be this Sunday!

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
If you like big slushy bumps, ‘Tis the season!
Scott Chute today…
B3CCF3F8-AFD8-407D-A905-A1FC63268246.jpeg

AAA1E1CC-A046-440C-9552-C4D9D34E650E.jpeg

015A7A95-D1B9-4D9C-8EF1-BDA84E617639.jpeg

E2691004-7B01-41DA-8285-DE35E1D937EB.jpeg

It has been pretty warm lately & really no freeze at all last night. Alpine should at least have Summit 6 still going in June which serves some great terrain. Just make sure you have some afternoon activities planned

Last edited:

Keys2Ski

Getting on the lift
Skier
Played hookie today and came to ski KT before it's too late. OMG. The west bowl is skiing like a dream. Chute 75 is skiable though the bumps are too big for my abilities at the choke point and below) ! I also did the bowl under the chair and skier right. I am having a beer to see if my legs come back before they close. Each lap is a full leg workout with the slush. It is certainly a little too warm.

Some pictures of the run of the day (West Bowl/Moseley area)

View attachment 203878 View attachment 203879

View attachment 203881

Looking back up

View attachment 203880

Proper Rehydration (Hazy Ipa)

View attachment 203882
Did the beer work? Inquiring minds want to know…

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Yellow was awesome today at alpine. Promised Land and Scott Chute looked so so but was surprisingly really good!
They had groomed it yesterday & it looked good but we never got there, glad you did :)!

Is that hail in Reno?
Big rain drops in the NW. On and off with thunder
Just back from a bike ride & could see the cumulus moving in from Mt. Rose. Really dark with thunder over Freel Peak but no rain in So. Shore yet…
48BD4CB6-9D10-4DE4-BE2F-98597342C9E8.jpeg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Been at Palisades since yesterday. Skied Shirley for a few warm up laps today and hit Siberia after an early lunch at Gold Coast.

Tomorrow we’ll try and hit KT and Headwall.

Yellow was awesome today at alpine. Promised Land and Scott Chute looked so so but was surprisingly really good!
@Keys2Ski and I met up with @Pequenita today, skied mostly off Granite Chief and then a few off Sibo.
Stuck around for lunch and watch the Cushings Crossing
Left to come home around 2:30

Last edited:

Even_Stevens

Getting off the lift
Skier
Hit Granite Chief early today then went over to KT.

Closed out the season with a run down the Saddle Face after heading over to the cat track below the Eagle’s Nest and paying respects to Shane. We would have done a few more laps, but we had to check out of our rented condo.

Spring skiing is a great vibe, can’t wait to hit Palisades & Alpine during the actual winter.

Also, I would like to note that we had DPS Phantom on our bases this weekend and nothing else. For spring conditions, the stuff worked well with a pretty good glide.

Attachments

• IMG_4478.jpeg
    IMG_4478.jpeg
    317 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1736.jpeg
    IMG_1736.jpeg
    246.6 KB · Views: 17
Status
Not open for further replies.