• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2022-2023 Tahoe Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We were at Alpine Meadows today from 10am-12:20pm. Very nice conditions. Sherwood was not bad even at 10:30am.

D5-7/Wolverine Bowl & Palisades/Keyhole area at the end of the traverse along the top of Alpine Bowl were all skiing great.

One of the D laps-
Screenshot_20230527-144149-01.jpeg

One of the Palisades laps-
Screenshot_20230527-144606-02.jpeg

Not decided yet on Squaw or Alpine again for tomorrow. Maybe Squaw is we manage to get there early and not 10am like today. :roflmao:

Pequenita

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So today, I complained from my 2nd run until the end of the day about my right boot liner fitting weirdly, only to discover at the end of the day that I had forgotten to put my footbed back in last night (despite remembering to put the left one back in). ‍ :doh:

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
From what I can decipher from the Palisades page, neither Alpine Meadows nor Palisades will be open Tuesday, May 30? Am I reading that right?

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So today, I complained from my 2nd run until the end of the day about my right boot liner fitting weirdly, only to discover at the end of the day that I had forgotten to put my footbed back in last night (despite remembering to put the left one back in). ‍ :doh:
I heard this one from a Sierra team coach - on one of his advanced/private groups that was going for 30k vertical in a day, one guy kept complaining about a boot feeling off. At lunch he took his foot out of the liner and there was a small tube of sunscreen exploded and squished in there. :roflmao:

Last edited:

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think that’s right. After Monday, only Alpine is open Fridays through Sunday.
I guess I might be done for the season, then. Had hoped to get to Alpine for my last day, but not going to go on Memorial Day.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I heard this one from a Sierra team coach - on one of this advanced/private groups that was going for 30k vertical in a day, one guy kept complaining about a boot feeling off. At lunch he took his foot out of the liner and there was a small tube of sunscreen exploded and squished in there. :roflmao:
I skied one day with my boot board (is that what it’s called?) folded up under my liner. I wonder why I had so much arch support when I first started, then I didn’t even notice until I took my boot off at the end of the day.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I skied one day with my boot board (is that what it’s called?) folded up under my liner. I wonder why I had so much arch support when I first started, then I didn’t even notice until I took my boot off at the end of the day.
Interesting... the boot boards in my boots have always been stiff/hard like a piece of wood... folding them would mean snapping them in half, and there's no way I wouldn't notice something completely crazy when trying to put my foot in. Do some boots have soft boot boards?

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Interesting... the boot boards in my boots have always been stiff/hard like a piece of wood... folding them would mean snapping them in half, and there's no way I wouldn't notice something completely crazy when trying to put my foot in. Do some boots have soft boot boards?
I guess it’s called a board for a reason, but mine will fold.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I guess I might be done for the season, then. Had hoped to get to Alpine for my last day, but not going to go on Memorial Day.
Ummmmm ..... no skiing from now until July 4th? Alpine will be opening every weekend until then; I'll be braking in new skis next Friday in preparation for a week in Mammoth. The second season's in full swing!!

Rainbow Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Red Lake Peak. Avalanche path above Red Lake & Hwy 88 below Carson Pass.
View attachment 204390
We admired your tracks Thursday afternoon, parked at Meiss lot and went meadow skipping across the highway. Heard some distant thunder and got sprinkled. IMG_3487.jpeg

Monitor Pass was really wet, went up Sonora Pass for a few turns in fields of big suncups

IMG_3491.jpeg

before car camping by a raging waterfall. About 4 more miles left to clear before the pass opens.

Last edited:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Ask @Tricia what happens when you leave knee high nylon in your boot.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We admired your tracks Thursday afternoon, parked at Meiss lot and went meadow skipping across the highway. Heard some distant thunder and got sprinkled. View attachment 204485

Monitor Pass was really wet, went up Sonora Pass for a few turns in fields of big suncups

View attachment 204488

before car camping by a ragging waterfall. About 4 more miles left to clear before the pass opens.
I want to be your friend!

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
From what I can decipher from the Palisades page, neither Alpine Meadows nor Palisades will be open Tuesday, May 30? Am I reading that right?
I think that’s right. After Monday, only Alpine is open Fridays through Sunday.
^this is my understanding as well

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ummmmm ..... no skiing from now until July 4th? Alpine will be opening every weekend until then; I'll be braking in new skis next Friday in preparation for a week in Mammoth. The second season's in full swing!!
Well, I just got back from 5 days in Mammoth. Would go back there for sure if I didn’t have to work! I work full-time, and swim, bike and run. So I don’t have tons of spare time. I‘m off work Monday and Tuesday this week, so wanted to go to Alpine to see if it would be worth some more trips. I do love spring skiing, so maybe I’ll make an exception and go on a weekend. But then I have three nieces graduating from high school all in the same year. First one (Soquel High School) yesterday. The other two locally in a few weeks, plus parties, etc.. It’s been a busy year, and I’ve skied too little :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online