• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2022-2023 Tahoe Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Interesting... the boot boards in my boots have always been stiff/hard like a piece of wood... folding them would mean snapping them in half, and there's no way I wouldn't notice something completely crazy when trying to put my foot in. Do some boots have soft boot boards?
There are soft boot boards, for freeride style boots. But they still don't fold easily.

However, I've seen boot bords that break and end up overlapping at the break. That's uncomfortable ;)

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Well, I just got back from 5 days in Mammoth. Would go back there for sure if I didn’t have to work! I work full-time, and swim, bike and run. So I don’t have tons of spare time. I‘m off work Monday and Tuesday this week, so wanted to go to Alpine to see if it would be worth some more trips. I do love spring skiing, so maybe I’ll make an exception and go on a weekend. But then I have three nieces graduating from high school all in the same year. First one (Soquel High School) yesterday. The other two locally in a few weeks, plus parties, etc.. It’s been a busy year, and I’ve skied too little :(
Don't worry about how crowded it might be on Monday/tomorrow. Yesterday was pleasantly uncrowded at AM. The weather looks a little more threatening, however, so best to get as early a start as possible.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Don't worry about how crowded it might be on Monday/tomorrow. Yesterday was pleasantly uncrowded at AM. The weather looks a little more threatening, however, so best to get as early a start as possible.
That’s good to know, but what about all the Memorial Day traffic?

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Start early, quit early! You'll undoubtedly hit it going back down, but a bigger issue might be the swarms of motorcycle cops ticketing everyone in sight from the east side merge of 80/Business 80 all the way to Auburn.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Great day with @oldfashoned at Alpine! We hit a lot of fun areas: the D's, the Sherwood face's at one of the chutes (or gullies?) skiers right, the chute that seldom slides, which was one of the most fun runs. Promised land was fun as well. Our Father skied really well, too! (Though I supermaned as my skies got buried tip into a huge slush mogul ... I was coming down so confident so far :roflmao: )

Best run? The Palisades, which we lapped twice. Beautiful! Couple pictures on the (Alpine) Palisades:

PXL_20230528_174150743.jpg PXL_20230528_180823611.jpg PXL_20230528_174429514.jpg

Last edited:

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier
Great day with @oldfashoned at Alpine! We hit a lot of fun areas: the D's, the Sherwood face's at one of the chutes (or gullies?) skiers right, the chute that seldom slides, which was one of the most fun runs. Promised land was fun as well. Our Father skied really well, too! (Though I supermaned as my skies got buried tip into a huge slush mogul ... I was coming down so confident so far :roflmao: )

Best run? The Palisades, which we lapped twice. Beautiful! Couple pictures on the (Alpine) Palisades:

View attachment 204543 View attachment 204542 View attachment 204544
I think we may have seen you superman on our father. We were the ones on purple and orange skis

Pequenita

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ask @Tricia what happens when you leave knee high nylon in your boot.
Oh yeah, she told me on the lift recently!

Here's my footbed, right where I left it at home (i.e., not in the mountains)...
IMG_0143.jpeg

What I can report after 2 days of skiing at Palliwood, 8:15 to noon yesterday and 8:30 to 11:30 today :

• Grooming is still :eek:, but I guess there's only one more day.
  • Today was cooler than yesterday, mostly a cloud cover issue.
  • Skied National yesterday, and the conditions made even me look good. The Palisades at Palisades closed kind of early today, presumably b/c of lightning in the area (around when Granite closed, I think).
  • Did several reverse traverses yesterday and today, mostly North Bowl to Hogsback. But after seeing a few people on the face today, I convinced the people I was skiing with to head there. I don't think I've ever spring reverse traversed to ski the face, and it was worth it. The only other time I've seen it this smooth was when it was actually groomed.

Last edited:

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
Fantastic morning session at Squaw today. Mostly hike-to-ski and in the 2 hrs we were there, we only took Funi + 2x Siberia chair.
No jackets needed with all the hiking. :roflmao:

National (2x), North Bowl, The Slot, Hourglass -- all skiing so nice!

Daughter going down National-
(She's on Lusti LP72 skis)
Screenshot_20230529-125835-01.jpeg

My turn-
(I'm on Salomon Stance 90)
Screenshot_20230529-130010-01.jpeg

Looking straight down The Slot-
Screenshot_20230529-133932-01.jpeg

Same shot, looking back up at me-
Screenshot_20230529-133906-01.jpeg

:daffy::yeah:

Last edited:

davjr96

Getting off the lift
Skier

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier

Their social media account seems to be answering some questions being thrown at them on this post --

Pequenita

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The parking reservation beta testing on July 4 weekend is going to be a mess...:popcorn:

Actually, I can't find that sentence anywhere anymore, so maybe it's not longer in play? Nevermind. It's in the Facebook post:

Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 3.22.52 PM.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online