• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2022-2023 Tahoe Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Near Nyquist

At the edge of instability
Skier
The parking reservation beta testing on July 4 weekend is going to be a mess...:popcorn:

Actually, I can't find that sentence anywhere anymore, so maybe it's not longer in play? Nevermind. It's in the Facebook post:

View attachment 204878
If Alpine Lots are paid parking,
Deer Park is dedicated to boat inspections,
Hidden Valley is parking for rafting
free parking is only At squaw,
they only run TLC, roundhouse & Summit,
And this is a trial run of the parking system

WHAT COULD GO WRONG….

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
It says reservations are required, kind of mentions pay to play, but doesn't tell the cost. Brilliant!

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
This could be an issue since they are announcing the policy AFTER opening sales for 23/24 passes if some attorney gets a wild hair like Northstar a few years ago.

Meanwhile skiing was popular on the Palisades at Palisades East today & the quality told the story…
C10150B4-D776-4D83-AE88-AC6BF05B4A37.jpeg
Expectations exceeded again :)!

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
This sucks. Paying to park is against my religion. I see no weekend skiing going forward.
A better solution might be to add a 3rd lane (reversible) to 89 and more parking and make Alterra pay for it. That’s since Alterra wants to build more & more crap in the “village”. :micdrop:

Last edited:

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Obviously, they'll be firing up the B2B to really confuse things on the 4th.
B2B is really a transportation lift. It should run as much as possible. And until 5 or 6 in the evening so we don’t have a mad scramble to get back by 4 pm. The telluride gondola is a good example of operation after skiing is closed.

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
This sucks. Paying to park is against my religion. I see no weekend skiing going forward.
A better solution might be to add a 3rd lane (reversible) to 89 and more parking and make Alterra pay for it. That’s since Alterra wants to build more & more crap in the “village”. :micdrop:
John, the problem is the Mousehole and you cannot add a third lane there.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
If they wave enough $$$ anything can be done. A bridge over the tracks, a jump, widening it, whatever. It's just money.

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
If the podcast from a month or so ago, they mentioned 3 reservation tiers-
  • Reserved Free
  • Reserved Free Carpool
  • Reserved Paid (preferred parking)
Not sure if they are walking that back to just reserved paid only...

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
If they wave enough $$$ anything can be done. A bridge over the tracks, a jump, widening it, whatever. It's just money.
I’m with @Andy Mink on this. It’s the mega-pass/resorts that created these issues, they are the ones profiting, they should be the ones solving it & paying for it. If they are going to sell X amount of passes they should provide ample parking & access. All of it should be included in the cost of the pass NOT as an add-on.

9:30am-Noon at Alpine today.

Pleasant weather, great snow.

:daffy: :yeah:
:thumb: I was so tempted to go back to Alpine today but headed the other direction for some backcountry turns instead.
55DCE232-4201-457B-A2FC-C9E087FDF05B.jpeg

One more from yesterday’s Palisades session with the terrain park below …
454F0CAB-8894-4DD3-80F0-E6AFB4DBF02F.jpeg

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
I was so tempted to go back to Alpine today but headed the other direction for some backcountry turns instead.
55DCE232-4201-457B-A2FC-C9E087FDF05B.jpeg

That looks awesome :thumb: :golfclap:

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
True , but you can take the next exit for Truckee and backtrack on W River St to avoid the mousehole.
The railroad will not pay to improve the mousehole that’s why we have the baby mousehole for hiker/bikers.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I vote for re-routing the train tracks and removing the track dike completely. Sooner or later something's going to go horribly wrong there.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I’m with @Andy Mink on this. It’s the mega-pass/resorts that created these issues, they are the ones profiting, they should be the ones solving it & paying for it. If they are going to sell X amount of passes they should provide ample parking & access. All of it should be included in the cost of the pass NOT as an add-on.

:thumb: I was so tempted to go back to Alpine today but headed the other direction for some backcountry turns instead.
View attachment 204941

One more from yesterday’s Palisades session with the terrain park below …
View attachment 204942

Is that a new thing this season to have the terrain park there??
I mean, it makes sense with OV closed, but I'm a little surprised it wasn't hyped more.

Status
Not open for further replies.