• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2022-2023 Tahoe Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Is that a new thing this season to have the terrain park there??
I mean, it makes sense with OV closed, but I'm a little surprised it wasn't hyped more.
Pretty sure they just built it this week.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
How was the parking today, what time should be get there tomorrow AM?

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
How was the parking today, what time should be get there tomorrow AM?
We got there Saturday at 9:05am and our parking spot was close to Subway (which is not running of course). So it was a longer walk going in, but we were able to ski back to almost the base of Subway and it was a very short walk back to the car.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I know of Wayne as I went on a reading binge yesterday of the US Ski Hall of Fame website lol.

Fun fact: one of the mogul inductees also played in the NFL for the Steeler and Eagles (practice team)
You youngsters are so cute. ;)

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I know of Wayne as I went on a reading binge yesterday of the US Ski Hall of Fame website lol.

Fun fact: one of the mogul inductees also played in the NFL for the Steeler and Eagles (practice team)
Are you talking about Jeremy Bloom?
He's a really interesting guy.
His show Adventure Capitalist was talked about here a few years ago.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Last weekend at the Made in Tahoe festival in the Olympic Valley, this guy carrying a display of silver/turquoise rings and with a dog sat down at the table where my friends and I are, and he was stoned out of his mind. His response to everything we said was, "Hell yeah."
:yeah:

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Another epic day this late in the season, unbelievable. Took the day off, and Gosh was it worthwhile. No crowds plenty of sun and snow. Conditions were excellent considering it's almost mid May. Outstanding offpiste in whatever was open. Bumped into @oldfashoned and skied together.

Oh, the newly applied phantom was really good. not as good as wax for the first runs, but more consistency than wax, in that it didn't degrade at all. I am sure it was better than what wax would have been late in the day. Groomers were painful bte, as expected. But i didnt get even one catch and release.

The Palisades were again the run of the day. D6 second best.

Looking back up to the Palisades area (amazing how POV flattens)

PXL_20230609_182603618.jpg

@oldfashoned looking dandy, bottom of the keyhole area

PXL_20230609_200723029.jpg

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Conditions were excellent considering it's almost mid May.
Except it’s nearly middle of June ;).

I was there too, arrived before 8 & skied till noon for another close to 30k’ day!
EA810FF3-0F04-4F50-AE4C-B81E5141FE8E.jpeg

Amazing how good it was right off the bat! I think l did one groomer & accept for the return to the lift at the bottom it was big, medium & small roller coaster bumps all morning. It did begin to get cloudy by mid morning but no real threat of rain.
Every chair on Summit was full almost every ride but never more than a minute or 2 wait.
E623FF72-C7DC-43BB-85F6-6461FCEE2E2E.jpeg

When I left you could tell that cars had parked the whole lot out at some point. I wonder if management may be second guessing not staying open mid week :huh:

Rainbow Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've taken 2 weeks off from resort skiing. Applied storage wax on most skis but scrapped off a pair for the final weekend or two at Alpine. Will be going tomorrow and maybe Sunday.

Four days skiing in Lassen Volcanic NP, including Brokeoff Mtn and Lassen Peak from Devastation Area, were adventuresome and spectacularly beautiful. I finally pulled the tag off the aspirational ice axe purchase 13 years ago and dragged it up most of Lassen. :doh:
IMG_3548.jpeg 114eb28b-05ce-4db0-843d-525212bce7ce.jpeg 54bac108-8e6e-4afa-b55a-9bb52f76f308.jpeg

Last edited:

Pequenita

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Would have looked for you... but unfortunately, we are missing this weekend. Hope to be back on snow the following weekend.
No worries. I need to get in 6 runs (for a "day" on a season pass) and am breaking in my new liners. Skiing without a footbed the last time did not help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January