• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2022-2023 Tahoe Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
MarkG

MarkG

Stuck on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Granite chief. They currently sell service cards (you pay x dollars and you get 2x the value).
Haven't had skis tuned there but the service I've had there has been excellent. Referred a few friends their way.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Didn't notice Mt. Rose had already updated the trail map with the new Lakeview Express in early June itself-

Yeah, they changed some names. Lone Tree actually makes sense since there's a single tree at the top of the run formerly known as Lower Lakeview. Not sure where Bunker comes from.

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not sure where Bunker comes from
Maybe formerly "Upper Lakeview"? I don't recognize the new "Lakeview", the backside of the top of Lakeview chair always seemed a little steep. Did they move the top of Lakeview chair?

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Maybe formerly "Upper Lakeview"? I don't recognize the new "Lakeview", the backside of the top of Lakeview chair always seemed a little steep. Did they move the top of Lakeview chair?
Yes, the top is a bit higher up. Bunker is what was Upper Lakeview. Not sure where the name comes from.

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier

OLD:
Screenshot_20220828-082133~2.png

NEW:
Screenshot_20220828-082354~3.png

Renamed trails:
  • Upper Ramsey's --> Tahoe Vista
  • Upper Lakeview --> Bunker (with extension at top due to new download location)
  • Lower Lakeview --> Lone Tree
  • Switchback --> Lariat
New trail:
  • Lakeside (new connector to Around The World from the top of Lakeview Express)
Easy access to Lakeview Glade. Very mellow and wide spaced trees. Of course, that will get tracked out quickly now.

From last season-- Of the 4 clips in this Reel, the first is now Tahoe Vista, the end of the second is where the new Lakeview Express unloads, the third is through Lakeview Glade, and then last is joining back to Galena.

Last edited:

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
oh man @textrovert, for a brief moment I thought that was today.
Thankfully not now and the initial scenes in the video are from Caldor fire burning through Sierra.. Hope we never have to see scenes like that again.

The last half of the video show the current state of cleanup, mostly impacted West Bowl area at Sierra-at-Tahoe.

Last edited:

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
From my bike ride today. We stopped at Mt. Rose to see the progress. Kinda scary to see so much still in the parking lot!
View attachment 176290

Does anyone know if they are planning on doing anything about the traffic off of (the new) Lakeview and the cat track that comes from NW into "around the world" and Kit Carson? It seems such a bad idea to have traffic crossing across, it's always been a gamble in busy days (and I got my biggest injury skiing right at the intersection).

How I miss Rose, btw! I gotta hit it once this year. Enjoy the Rose for me :yahoo:

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Thanks to @MarkG for opening the thread! I started my season Sunday, and I was planning on opening a thread for the season, but a quick Google search brought me here.

Sunday afternoon we had a nice glass of wine with @oldfashoned , and we talked about season past and coming. Then I went to Sports Basement and dropped my Rallies, my Enforcers and Mendieta Jr's Navigators for a much needed base grind on all of them. It's an easy drive from my place, and I was half way there from the wine place.

I spent another hour talking skiing/snowboarding with the ski tech at Sports Basement, until closing time. All systems are go!

1661833016910.png

(I couldn't resist sharing some stoke from past season)

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Does anyone know if they are planning on doing anything about the traffic off of (the new) Lakeview and the cat track that comes from NW into "around the world" and Kit Carson? It seems such a bad idea to have traffic crossing across, it's always been a gamble in busy days (and I got my biggest injury skiing right at the intersection).

How I miss Rose, btw! I gotta hit it once this year. Enjoy the Rose for me :yahoo:
I think a trail will go around the backside and connect into Wildcard but I'm not sure.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
West Bowl looking wide open now with the ongoing burnt tree clearing work. :geek:

I was just watching the morning news. They had a story about Sierra at Tahoe's progress and plans for the season.
Can't find the interview now but it was very encouraging.
They have this on their site.

jwilli

Getting off the lift
Skier
Thanks to @MarkG for opening the thread! I started my season Sunday, and I was planning on opening a thread for the season, but a quick Google search brought me here.

Sunday afternoon we had a nice glass of wine with @oldfashoned , and we talked about season past and coming. Then I went to Sports Basement and dropped my Rallies, my Enforcers and Mendieta Jr's Navigators for a much needed base grind on all of them. It's an easy drive from my place, and I was half way there from the wine place.

I spent another hour talking skiing/snowboarding with the ski tech at Sports Basement, until closing time. All systems are go!

View attachment 176766

(I couldn't resist sharing some stoke from past season)

I think they have a new Jupiter doing base grinds now, when I get the storage wax off my skis at least one pair is getting a fresh grind before things start.

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
I think a trail will go around the backside and connect into Wildcard but I'm not sure.
Yes, it is labeled "Lakeside" in the new map.
However, the old connection that precariously cuts right across "Bunker" and "Lone Tree" (old upper/lower Lakeview) to Around the World seems to still be there for folks trying to get to Around the World from the top of NW Express using KC Traverse, :huh:

Near Nyquist

At the edge of instability
Skier
I think they have a new Jupiter doing base grinds now, when I get the storage wax off my skis at least one pair is getting a fresh grind before things start.
As far as I know they are still running a Mercury at their central tuning shop

when did they get a Jupiter, cause I haven’t heard anything about it ?

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
As far as I know they are still running a Mercury at their central tuning shop

when did they get a Jupiter, cause I haven’t heard anything about it ?
It was in one of the Mt. Rose emails recently (the one with info on the upcoming Labor Day Gear Sales at Bobo's and Village Ski Loft)

Bobo's is hyping it on their sale flyers too: "Check out out new WINTERDTEIGER Jupiter"

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, it is labeled "Lakeside" in the new map.
However, the old connection that precariously cuts right across "Bunker" and "Lone Tree" (old upper/lower Lakeview) to Around the World seems to still be there for folks trying to get to Around the World from the top of NW Express using KC Traverse, :huh:
We'll call that the Mt. Bachelor experience. That place had more traverses right through the middle of steeper runs that we were sore from swiveling our heads! I still think the worst part is the Kit Traverse from NW over to Kit. Narrow with people playing on the left side and dropping across the traverse. I wish that was fenced so everyone had to go straight. I'm amazed that no one (that I know of) was bounced down off the right side into the rocks and trees. That spot can be really fun...when there's snow. Otherwise, it could be quite painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Philpug
    Notorious P.U.G.
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
  • Andy Mink