• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2022-2023 Tahoe Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
NWS is still showing variances in models so is not yet stating forecast precipitation amounts. No doubt they are still smarting from over-forecasting the previous storm that TV weatherpersons then when nuts over. Yeah, Tahoe received a few feet but that was half of what was earlier posted. Mammoth was more a direct hit. Afterwards they all hid instead of discussing it. A prime example yet again for "I'll believe it when I see it", that is wiser the further away.

Beyond 10 days likely more so very much looking to finally get a season start in where I get enough days in by New Years. Glad I didn't drive up today as end of month can get at least a couple short warm up days in with photography days between. Definitely will bring my S7's too. Want to do more GoPro8 videos this winter and may start on the first turns just to personally record what is possible for an octogenarian.

Wunderground 10-day at Kirkwood now shows 29 inches through Thursday and significantly most of that is during lower 20°F to teens temps. So most excellent fresh powder midweek with few competitors. Should open up a bit more mountain. Heavenly at Nevada bases is showing 16 inches total so will need more.

KW-10d-112222.jpg

Last edited:
TS
MarkG

MarkG

Stuck on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Aw…I miss the joke tree! Won’t be long now

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
Enjoy the post-Thanksgiving storm, I will be on the East Coast for work ... :ogcool:.

Instead of posting stoke, I can rant: Dear Squaw/Palisades: Can you please install an additional cell phone tower on Gold Coast? T-Mobile simply does not work around Gold Coast lodge (not inside, I get that, it is a metal building) and lift bottom. This is not about kids posting Instagram pictures, it is about safety of your customers. If someone has the misfortune to breaks a leg on Gold Coast they have less than 50% chance to reach patrol if they have TMobile. You just spent millions building two new lifts, how hard is it to put a cell phone antenna on the building?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Enjoy the post-Thanksgiving storm, I will be on the East Coast for work ... :ogcool:.

Instead of posting stoke, I can rant: Dear Squaw/Palisades: Can you please install an additional cell phone tower on Gold Coast? T-Mobile simply does not work around Gold Coast lodge (not inside, I get that, it is a metal building) and lift bottom. This is not about kids posting Instagram pictures, it is about safety of your customers. If someone has the misfortune to breaks a leg on Gold Coast they have less than 50% chance to reach patrol if they have TMobile. You just spent millions building two new lifts, how hard is it to put a cell phone antenna on the building?
You spelled AT&T wrong.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Mountain Run was the best snow on the mountain today.
That's the sort of news that makes be happy I'm not skiing yet.

Re cellphones - surely that's on the Telcos rather than the resort?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
You ever ski with Eric Kipp? I believe he worked at Ca ski company for a bit. Good guy
Yes, we skied with him and also worked with him a few times when we contracted for their parking lot sales. Really good guy.
I haven't seen him in a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.