• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2022-2023 Tahoe Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Next Wednesday through Sunday forecast shows over 50 inches at Kirkwood with storm temperatures all below 20F thus potential epic cold smoke powder for those able to reach open resorts with open terrain. Not only snow forecast for Sierra foothills and Central Valley but even SNOW in the city of San Francisco. Whether that holds up is a big IF this far out. Additionally long range forecast show at least 2 weeks worth of storms. Potentially the most significant cold powder in the Sierra for our lifetime. And yes as a kid, do recall a couple snow events in northeast suburban Sacramento.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Next Wednesday through Sunday forecast shows over 50 inches at Kirkwood with storm temperatures all below 20F thus potential epic cold smoke powder for those able to reach open resorts with open terrain. Not only snow forecast for Sierra foothills and Central Valley but even SNOW in the city of San Francisco. Whether that holds up is a big IF this far out. Additionally long range forecast show at least 2 weeks worth of storms. Potentially the most significant cold powder in the Sierra for our lifetime. And yes as a kid, do recall a couple snow events in northeast suburban Sacramento.
Looks like I might get lucky again. Though experience tells me that with that sort of snow Kirkwood is no access.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Palisades World Cup is next weekend, open snow is calling for a pattern change mid next week. Specifically

Anyone have any guesses/insight into what kind of weather would affect the race and maybe even when some sort of decision would be made?
Obviously, if it is stormy enough to prevent red dog from running there's gonna be some problems but I assume heavy snowfall along would cause significant problems to the race surface.
No problems. They'll just sweep any new snow off the Red Dog course. The racers like it firm and icy !

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I just had a FB memory pop up. 8 years ago today it was 70° in Reno.

This year? Glorious colder weather with tons of snow. Rose groomers are fabulous right now. Hard chalk all over. Bumps are chalk. Trees are skier packed and settled. Conditions are awesome!

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Not a bad day to be at the top of the world ... At Alpine. Variable conditions offpiste but sun all day and manageable crowds. Ah the privilege to enjoy all this beauty ... First three photos are on the High T towards Sherwood (gave a tour to a guy who was there for the first time, cool fella). The last one in the Gentian Gully area ...

PXL_20230218_205924360.jpg
PXL_20230218_210617254.jpg
PXL_20230218_211059639.jpg
PXL_20230218_215941604.jpg

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll echo @Mendieta thoughts that the crowds aren't bad (at Rose even). Sunny, cold, fast conditions. Unlike @Mendieta, I stayed on groomers. The daughter didn't want to explore bumps yet. She did her first face runs on her new this season snowboard. We opened Rose at WC at 8 and finished at noon.

The line at 8a. We had 11th chair.
PXL_20230218_155733041.jpg PXL_20230218_170613082.jpg

The line at 11a (crunch time). Usually ski up or wait 2 chairs.
PXL_20230218_193946300.jpg

Jim L

Putting on skis
Skier
I just had a FB memory pop up. 8 years ago today it was 70° in Reno.

This year? Glorious colder weather with tons of snow. Rose groomers are fabulous right now. Hard chalk all over. Bumps are chalk. Trees are skier packed and settled. Conditions are awesome!
8 years ago... was that the year we had a short reason due to lack of snow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online