• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2022-2023 Tahoe Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim L

Putting on skis
Skier
Although this is about as close as it gets. First run any of us have every taken with one of my best friends' 7-year old son. After a couple days of lessons last season and 3 days this week the kid actually skied Ridge Run yesterday!

At that age they're closer to the ground so falling is a shorter distance, plus they are less fearful. That age was decades ago for my kids...

Pequenita

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Total goober move here: I have dear friends who are coming from NYC to ski Northstar in April, and as a non-Epic person (and, apparently, a terrible planner), I am trying to figure out a way to get 1 discount lift ticket or voucher to use so I can ski a day with them without paying an arm and a leg. As a sign of my goodwill, I have connected them with an acquaintance instructor for a private. I have unfortunately given away all my Sugar Bowl 50% off buddy benefit, otherwise I'd offer to swap that. Thoughts? Ideas? Anyone with an extra voucher they are willing to part with? Does an Epic passholder need to be present for me to redeem a buddy pass? Please PM me with your ideas.

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
Does an Epic passholder need to be present for me to redeem a buddy pass?

There are 2 types of Epic ticket discounts-
  • Buddy ticket - fixed price by mountain - $144 for Northstar
  • Ski With a Friend - variable price, % discount of window ticket price - 25% off for Northstar
Depending on the actual ticket price for the April ski date, the SWAF might be lower cost. Can be purchased ahead of time online by pass holder or discount purchase price link sent to you by pass holder (both options are available from pass holder account). Passholder must be present at ticket window for pickup on the day.

Last edited:

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
I don't recall if Sugar Bowl did this last season-

Purchase 2023-24 season pass and get free spring skiing the rest of this season with any current season pass from another Tahoe mountain.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Total goober move here: I have dear friends who are coming from NYC to ski Northstar in April, and as a non-Epic person (and, apparently, a terrible planner), I am trying to figure out a way to get 1 discount lift ticket or voucher to use so I can ski a day with them without paying an arm and a leg. As a sign of my goodwill, I have connected them with an acquaintance instructor for a private. I have unfortunately given away all my Sugar Bowl 50% off buddy benefit, otherwise I'd offer to swap that. Thoughts? Ideas? Anyone with an extra voucher they are willing to part with? Does an Epic passholder need to be present for me to redeem a buddy pass? Please PM me with your ideas.

I'll willingly assign one of my buddy tickets to you but wouldn't be able to show at the ticket window so I don't think it would work.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Heavenly from Boulder lot today, Wednesday. Mostly cloudy, high 20Fs at 9k, 5 inches cold light overnight, some snow showers, walk up lifts, SLT has cleared most snow from streets that are wet from melting snow banks. Now 6pm low 30Fs in town.

Looped Comet Express Little Dipper several times recording on GoPro in Wide. After 2 hours feet wee sore and strength beat so bailed since I haven't been skiing much. Most runs non-stop down to between towers 11 and 10. Not as much in the zone as need to be. Snow good mid winter packed powder. Will be better Thursday more formed up.

Travel corp reserved $65 lodging at place I'd never stayed at. Someone likes me. Fancy rooms generally but they gave me some super room with 2 luxury bedrooms each with sinks and huge TVs with full++ cable, outdoor balcony chairs, hot tub, fully stocked kitchen with full cabinets for cooking, dining room, large microwave, oven, stove. Also third big TV in Living room with fireplace and fancy furniture.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Heavenly morning grooming report shows they groomed moderately steeper North Bowl and Boulder Chute last night that wasn't yesterday. All lifts set to run but moderately windy, snow showers early and cold with high today at 8.5k just 20F so wind chill. Will set up out of Boulder lot again arriving later morning. Thin balaclava under helmet with warmest gloves weather.

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
Diamond Peak just crossed 400" season accumulation. I don't think I've seen that in the last decade at least.

Currently at 403" with a snow depths of 120" at the summit and 66" at the base.

"GROOMING UPDATE: It's pretty rare that we get enough snow for our crew to groom G.S., but that's exactly what this winter has provided. If you've never had the opportunity to carve turns down G.S. on corduroy, now is your chance. Don't miss it! "

Screenshot_20230323-111733~2.png

Also a reminder: next Friday 3/31 is the "un-birthday" free ski day:
"If your birthday falls outside our ski season, please join us on Friday, March 31, 2023 for a free lift ticket! For those with birthdays during our ski season, you get to ski free on your actual birthday."

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Notice that this season they're running alpine long and shutting down PT side earlier, which isn't the usual gameplan.
Rumor that I overheard is they have to fixup the funi and maybe some other construction work in village.

Last edited:

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
A very late report from the past weekend... All that snow has transformed squaw. Classic chute is no longer a chute, North Bowl is a perfect ridgeline, no more rocks. Light Towers look like a fun mellow ridge :eek:.

I spotted a nice path down the Shirley 3 chute, which is normally a tight rock-rimmed Squallywood line where you have to make one or two quick turns and then are forced to straight-line all the way down. Went up this time and was surprised to find that it literally felt like a steep blue slope, smooth with room to adjust your line to both sides, mellow wide-ish turns all the way. So, if you have ever dreamed of checking off any of the storied lines at Squaw, this is the year do it.

Of course that weekend lots of terrain as closed because it was nice smooth sheer ice. Sunday storm helped a bit, but not much. Hopefullywhatever fell on Tuesday should help it a bit more. Looking forward to more skiing (and more crowds) this weekend.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Update from Palisades:
Oly valley (Squaw) will CLOSE for season at end of May. (Memorial Day) due to Funitel haul rope replacement schedule.

Alpine Meadows will stay OPEN in June and thru July 4. Weekends only: F,Sa,Su.
KT22 will run on Saturdays starting April 8 until 5 pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online